JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Assistant menu floating button keeps appearing-single tap to answer

(Topic created: 04-05-2019 04:40 AM)
aliakio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Im writing a new topic because i haven't found any help. The "single tap to answer" option has moved inside assistant menu in one ui. This is a weird option in my opinion. It has to be in phone settings>call answer options. Anyway if u want it like i do enabled, u have to enable assistant menu so u have to have that annoying floating button in your screen all the time. If u tap and hold the button, u hide it temporarily since it shows up again if u have set the dark mode to start at sunrise like me. It shows up again and u have to hide it again. I do it twice every 24 hours whenever my theme goes dark or regular according to sunset sunrise schedule. 

Also mention that after February update i cant get rid the otherwise minimized notification from notification panel. 

Please Samsung remove the setting from assistant menu or find a certain way to hide floating button. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
34 Replies
usersFHQWmVR89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for this work around suggestion. At least it puts a smaller icon on the screen, which, depending on the background, is not as visible. It's out of the normal path for my use, and still allows me to access the assistant menu to turn of the screen with out having to use the side buttons all the time.

0 Likes
userkhX3Llj54t
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much for posting this solution. It works! The floating Assistant Menu is located mostly off screen on  the lower left of the Home screen. Great Solution and now I can answer the phone with a single tap and the floating app is not in the way! BTW I am on a Note 20. 

0 Likes
userW2qX1nYq6t
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go to Settings. Go to Accessibility.

Go to Interaction and Dexterity.

Turn Assistant Menu off. Or don't 

0 Likes
user5W8ut37wX2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked. Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Tom G1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not sure what made Samsung think they needed to bundle a wanted feature with a major feature that isn't wanted.  It's not an insurance company.  Please... let us have tap to answer without the other annoying feature. 

0 Likes