JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Assistant menu floating button keeps appearing-single tap to answer

(Topic created: 04-05-2019 04:40 AM)
aliakio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Im writing a new topic because i haven't found any help. The "single tap to answer" option has moved inside assistant menu in one ui. This is a weird option in my opinion. It has to be in phone settings>call answer options. Anyway if u want it like i do enabled, u have to enable assistant menu so u have to have that annoying floating button in your screen all the time. If u tap and hold the button, u hide it temporarily since it shows up again if u have set the dark mode to start at sunrise like me. It shows up again and u have to hide it again. I do it twice every 24 hours whenever my theme goes dark or regular according to sunset sunrise schedule. 

Also mention that after February update i cant get rid the otherwise minimized notification from notification panel. 

Please Samsung remove the setting from assistant menu or find a certain way to hide floating button. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
usersWq1ZjEgBz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, your method saved my life for the last year, but Android 10 destroyed it. Every time I kill it, it reappears. Do you have any ideas? I even cancelled this app's permissions for changing a system settings and nothing. Stupid bar (not a floating menu !) constantly comes back (it is unclickable now though) to my drop down menu ;/

userKSlVg7gADw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

my samsung running android 9 allows you to hide it but pressing and holding until an x appears and moving it to the x. It comes back if you restart the phone, but at least you can hide it. On my phone running android 10 the 'x' refuses to appear so the only way I can hide the hateful circle from helll is to follow the longer instructions provided above, but it comes back again, probably upon restart. ("Re: Assistant menu floating button keeps appearing-single tap to answer

‎04-24-2019 10:25 PM

I found a solution to hide the annoying floating icon by searching the answer @ androidcentral.

After turning on the Assist mode and Single tap mode, go back to Settings and Apps > tap 3 dots > tap Show system apps > tap Accessibilty > scroll down to Advanced and tap Appear on top > Turn off Allow permission > finally tap Force stop.

This solution worked for my Galaxy Note 8. 

The floating icon does not reappear after sleep mode. The floating icon, howver, does reappear after Restart the phone. After Restart, simply go back to Accessibility app settings and tap Force stop.

This is the only solution so far I found.")  Customer service tells me that doing this and forcing stop will disable all the functions you had set up that they stupidly listed under the assistant menu, but fortunately it appears not to be true.

God only knows why they insist on putting this circle which keeps expanding into a square in my way so I can't use the phone. Customer service is mostly clueless on how to fix this but one person blames android 10 update. At least I finally got one customer service to tell me how to get it to turn back into a circle from a giant square covering half the screen- click outside the giant square, not inside it. until then, every time you restart the phone you have to go through that long list of steps and force stop. grrrrrr. Seriously, what are they thinking? no one wants

on their screen blocking the functionality of the phone.

0 Likes
userZyCTeKposF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think I have found a solution to the floating assistant menu. Once you see the menu on your home screen, do a hard long press on it. It will turn into a red circle and disappear into the notification bar. It will reappear however once you restart or power off your phone and then turn on later just repeat the steps above.

0 Likes
userzzGFlaguS7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

userT358RC3Suj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much dear..you made my day!

0 Likes
Otadado3m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just updated the software on my Note 9 and now I'm having this same issue.  This update is stupid and annoying.  The floating icon does not stay hidden.  WHY in the world would Samsung make this change?? VERY aggravating!!!!  Is there a way to roll back the software update?

userZyCTeKposF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think I have found a solution to the floating assistant menu. Once you see the menu on your home screen, do a hard long press on it. It will turn into a red circle and disappear into the notification bar. It will reappear however once you restart or power off your phone and then turn on later just repeat the steps above.

@Otadado3m wrote:

I just updated the software on my Note 9 and now I'm having this same issue.  This update is stupid and annoying.  The floating icon does not stay hidden.  WHY in the world would Samsung make this change?? VERY aggravating!!!!  Is there a way to roll back the software update?

0 Likes
useryht5fFlu0t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Their answer in Smart Sop up View in advanced settings

0 Likes
userojTS1ekQCS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

yes, it's truly beyond hateful. the phone starts ringing and the goddamned floating thing is in the way, I try to answer it but touch the floaty thing instead which opens the floaty thing and I cannot close it again, so I can't answer the call or use the phone anymore unless I restart it. beyond hateful. you should be able to use the assistant functions without the hateful menu icon blocking your screen constantly

0 Likes
userZyCTeKposF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userojTS1ekQCS wrote:

yes, it's truly beyond hateful. the phone starts ringing and the goddamned floating thing is in the way, I try to answer it but touch the floaty thing instead which opens the floaty thing and I cannot close it again, so I can't answer the call or use the phone anymore unless I restart it. beyond hateful. you should be able to use the assistant functions without the hateful menu icon blocking your screen constantly

0 Likes