JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Auto data switching not available in the USA when using 2 eSims at the same time

(Topic created: 01-28-2023 12:39 PM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I travel internationally frequently. I notice that international versions of the S phones have an option for Auto Data Switching for data on the carriers, when one Sim loses data, it will automatically switch to data from the other Sim.

This is important when we travel. When my primary Sim loses data, the second Sim should automatically provide data. This also allows wifi calling to the other carrier.

Unfortunately, this is not available in the USA, the option for auto data switching is missing. As such, my 1300 phone is crippled, and I don't have all the functionality my phone is capable of, in the rest of the world.

Please enable this feature in the USA so that we can get the full value, from these technological marvels. Because right now, the USA version is crippled from an essential feature! 

8 Replies
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What letter does your device end in? Here's a reminder.
• N: Korea
• U/U1: USA, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico
• W: Canada
• 0: China, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan
• B: Europe, Russia, Ukraine, CIS
• E: All other regions
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
U1
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is that why? Devices sold in Korea, the US, and Canada only work with SIM cards in the same region where the device was purchased from, even after entering a network unlock code. In your case with the U1, although you CAN use SIM cards from Puerto Rico, you cannot use overseas SIM cards, including those from Canada or Mexico.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I can use sim cards from Korea no problem.
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't think so...photo_2022-03-14_15-22-25_198787_1661832915.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Using LG sim in South Korea, right now...
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you SteelersFanatic, for your interest in sharing your feedback with Samsung. We appreciate your request and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

aricotto
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same for yhe W Canadian version.

This is a big miss for folks who travel. Please add it back!