JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery background activity on apps

(Topic created: 12-19-2020 12:59 AM)
lusterav
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please help - I just received a system update on my s9. I always go through the apps to make sure nothing was changed.  I always restrict "allow background activity" under battery category on each app. Somehow, I remember skipping all apps labelled "Android System" or "System UI". My question: Should I "allow background activity" or turn it off (restrict background activity) under battery category on those apps? I can't remember how I had it up to this point in time. I think I may have done something wrong. Just want to get my phone back to where it was before the update. Thanks.

0 Likes
7 Replies
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I wouldn't make much changes to the battery limit as the apps are designed to function using a set amount of battery to perform correctly. If apps like Fakebook and what not are a drain then I recommend putting them to sleep. theres also a set time you can put each to sleep in your options so say Fakebook isn't running a 5K marathon while you are busy sleeping at night, which in turn will save you battery life. There are also more advanced idling and regulating settings in the Developers mode of your device built specifically for idling background processes and whatnot which will increase processes of the apps you want while restricting those you dont. Hope this Helps
0 Likes
lusterav
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Tell me if this is ok: I went back in to system apps and then to "Android System" app - battery - turned on "allow background activity".  I did the same with "Android Q Easter Egg" (don't know what that is).    I did the same with "System UI" app.  For the "One UI Home" app, I did not turn on allow background activity; I kept it restricted.  Do those settings for those apps seem ok? I never touched them since I've had the phone until today when I was messing around after the update. Thanks for your advice.

Solution
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
most of it seem reasonable if you are comfy with it. I would make a suggestion to not Moderate the System UI HOME app. you need it running and want it running as smooth as possible because it is your Main Screen. Have you ever closed out windows on your computer and you're hitting close close close trying to get back to the systems main screen and that last pesky one is lagging. Well while its lagging the Main Screen is making sure it is loaded and ready. So the more you slow down its Process the slower your Main Screen (Most used Screen) will be. Of all the things you could restrict I definitely recommend NOT restricting its processes. I couldn't see any performance improvement gained by doing so. Imagine The Device is Your House and the System Home UI is the front door that houses all of your Beautiful Furniture (Apps) and treat it like that. If you have 15 locks slowing you from getting into your house or leaving your house it would aggravate you right? Right! lol. Just focus on your furniture (apps) cleaning those up and moving around your couches and end tables, donating some to Goodwill, or putting grandma's jewelry in a safe place (app to sleep) ~ doesnt mean we want to get rid of it by no means but dont want to wear her necklace and brioche every single day either. The other thing I recommend is a good cache cleaner. (Consider it your vacuum for your House) I personally use CCleaner. it's not the prettiest and has some adds but it gets the job done. once it gets going it will click through each of your apps and clear the cache for you. You can even watch it while it does it. it's mostly out of Laziness. The samsung cleanup app that is preinstalled works nice but this will clean up more than it does. I actually use them both and have them set for 4am while I'm sleeping so when I wake at 5 my phone is nice and clean and ready for use when I pull from the charger. I hope any and all of this is useful
userpSUPhxNQK6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can I apply it for whatsapp gb app for Samsung phones?

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
oh before I forget the Android Q is just a minigame inserted into the phone. Dont wanna give away any secrets but a fair amount of googling will have you nerding in no time lol if you enjoy that kinda thing then I'd say go for it. It's safe to put to sleep though. just an Easter Egg
0 Likes
lusterav
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much. I think I understand it. I have many apps sleeping that I only use once in a while. I stopped Android Q from running battery in background. And I will explore the cleaner. Again, thanks.

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You're very Welcome you seem like the inquisitive type anyways so I'm sure you'd have figured it all out anyways Have a Good Day
0 Likes