JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery Dies Fast on S10

(Topic created: 06-30-2019 05:29 PM)
TelleyPooh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is anyone else having issues with the battery on the s10? There is no high battery usage shown but my phone does pretty fast. I am not sure if it's from McAfee running in the background or I'm downloading too many themes ( I love my themes). Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ChrisWNY
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you added sleeping apps within Settings > Device care < Battery (touch the 3 dots in the upper-right) > Settings > Sleeping apps? Put all your apps in there (except the ones you know will need to run in the background, such as Android Auto, text messages or music apps that need to run when the device is idle). Otherwise some apps will run rampant and drain the battery when your S10 is sleeping.

Poor signal/service will also contribute to battery drain and won't necessarily show up in the battery status area.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

View solution in context

47 Replies
Owen-M
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same issue on my s10+. It probably is McAfee running in the background but themes don't have a huge affect on battery. Can you please post a screenshot of your battery usage?

TelleyPooh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi thanks for replying. I've added a screenshot. I uninstalled McAfee this morning.

0 Likes
Solution
ChrisWNY
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you added sleeping apps within Settings > Device care < Battery (touch the 3 dots in the upper-right) > Settings > Sleeping apps? Put all your apps in there (except the ones you know will need to run in the background, such as Android Auto, text messages or music apps that need to run when the device is idle). Otherwise some apps will run rampant and drain the battery when your S10 is sleeping.

Poor signal/service will also contribute to battery drain and won't necessarily show up in the battery status area.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

user0s3YMH8TLv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have used tons of other devices in the past and do not understand why would I have to sit and put apps to sleep manually. And anyways i get delayed notifications for apps which aren't even sleeping. Samsung should do something about this battery drain and accurate notifications else this device looks like a worthless piece to me. It's hardly even a month I have bought it and the battery is performing such.

Bric25
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can anyone tell me why I have 2 batterie icons at the top of my pull down screen

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you see the same while booted in safe mode? 

0 Likes
SpudMan9510
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not sure if they show battery power or not, but do you use a case with extra battery in it

0 Likes
userksjid4H2ev
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Phone keeps disconnecting from charging while plugged in or on wireless charger.

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can try clearing the cache partition or a factory reset. However, most likely, the phone will need to be evaluated by an authorized technician. I will be happy to assist you further. Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of your phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes