JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth won't find my device

(Topic created: 08-19-2022 04:15 PM)
montymontymonty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Trying to connect my BIG JAMBOX jawbone Bluetooth speaker but my speaker doesn't even show up on my bluetooth list of devices. I've done a reset of my Bluetooth also. I have it where  it'll tell me that an app is needed to use this device. So I downloaded one and nothing happened... downloaded a few more,.....still nothing. Now what? I have a Galaxy A13 5g phone
0 Likes
7 Replies
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

While your phone is scanning for Bluetooth devices, is the speaker in pairing mode?

montymontymonty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes of course. But thanks sometimes the obvious is the issue lol
Jaehyun
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is your Bluetooth speaker discoverable from other devices other than your phone like a laptop?
0 Likes
montymontymonty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I haven't tried that but my friend who gave it to me said she couldn't get it to work on her phone either
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Make sure airplane mode is off: Select the Network icon on the right side of the taskbar, then make sure the Airplane mode quick setting is turned off.

Turn Bluetooth on and off: Select Start , then type settings. Select Settings > Bluetooth & devices. Turn off Bluetooth, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.

Remove the Bluetooth device, then add it again: Select Start, then enter settings. Select Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Devices. In Devices, select More options (the three vertical dots) for the Bluetooth device you’re having problems connecting to, and then select Remove device > Yes. 

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

0 Likes
montymontymonty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you I'm gonna try it
0 Likes
Solution
montymontymonty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok I was able to hook up to Bluetooth by downloading a Bluetooth app. So now it works