Original topic:

Both cell and wifi calls, and voice mail, not received or cutting out

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
gracme
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please help. Have had an S21 Ultra for 2.5+ years; Verizon FIOS 5G internet and cell service. for over 10 years, no problems.

Beginning around January, calls digitize and/or cut out; some calls don't ring or indicate missed call - in exact location as other calls coming in or getting to VM within minutes. Sometimes there is no outgoing message on my VM. Sometimes the VM doesn't appear for hours or even days. Problems are sporadic but very frequent.

Primarily used WiFI as my home is brick. One suggested solution was using cellular w a signal booster; 3 strong towers within 3 miles; no change. Esim has been reset several times. Verizon said it must be phone, 12 days ago I bought an S24.  Exact same issues. 

Both WiFi and cellular have very strong signals within house; none of these issues happen if I am out in car or other locations. Please, please help!

3 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There could be some interference within or around your house, possibly electrical. If it works everywhere else but your house, the problem most likely lies there. It is also unlikely that two different model phones purchased years apart would have the exact same problem. What happens if you turn Wi-Fi calling on and select Wi-Fi preferred? Do you have the same issues over wi-fi? If not, I would suggest keeping WiFi calling on at all times and/or putting your phone in airplane mode with wifi on while home if it doesnt immediately switch to wifi calling. You can tell its on wi fi calling if the phone dialer button has the radio symbol on it. Pulling down the quick panel might also say Verizon wifi calling. T-mobile just loves to put me on WiFi calling if I am connected to WiFi regardless of how strong the mobile signal is or the fact that I chose cellular preferred. But, only in my house, which I just realized might be because theres some interference with the quality of the cell service regardless of the strength of the signal.
0 Likes
gracme
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you, I have transferred between wifi and cellular many times to see what impact there may be, and there is none.

I appreciate your contribution!

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A great suggestion turning off your WiFi. We're glad you were able to test that. Based on the information provided. If calls are dropping only in specific locations, I recommend contacting your carrier again for details about their coverage and about replacing your SIM card. Make sure your phone is up to date. If you have done the 2 suggested tips. Try putting your phone is Safe Mode and testing it out for a few days. It is possible a 3rd party app could be causing glitches. For details on how to put your phone is Safe Mode, follow the link below. 
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001240/#reboot-the-phone-or-tablet-in-safe-mo...

0 Likes