JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't connect phone to Chromecast

(Topic created: 04-16-2022 12:00 AM)
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Both my husband and I have a galaxy s10e. Since the update, I can no longer cast from my phone to my Chromecast using the Google home app which is the only way to connect to it. Basically in order for it to work and connect, both my phone and the Chromecast need to be connected to the same wifi... They are, the xfinity app shows it, but I get this when I try to cast. 

My husband, however, despite the same phone, wifi, app, literally they are identical with one crucial difference, he can cast from his phone using Google home. I've tried to figure this out nonstop and it's starting to drive me insane. 
Any ideas or just anything similar, etc would be beyond appreciated! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Apparently it will only work if mobile data is disconnected

View solution in context

10 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Possible solution
Settings> connections > bluetooth> scan> might find the chromecast.
If you have a Samsung TV
Just hold your phone against the screen.
Other solution try turning the TV on.
Last solution.
Scroll down to the quick settings and look for smart view Tap on it and the rest will be up to the phone.
Hope that helps.Screenshot_20220416-103259_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220416-103224_One UI Home.jpg
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks, I don't have a Samsung tv or even a smart TV. I've tried both solutions and it's not that it can't locate it and connect to it, it just won't remain connected
0 Likes
CuriousGwen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have a Samsung TV and Note 10+ 5G but can no longer cast to my TV with smartview. It just shows a background picture of my current theme.
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I really wish I had a Samsung tv after spending hours going through the solution thing. Every solution seems to be under the assumption that every one with an issue has a tv with the built-in Chromecast and that the TV connects to the wifi... I have a stupid TV and the Chromecast version that war released before the smart TVs and their all-inclusiveness. My wifi is through xfinity, and I'm soo confused. Until one of the stupid updates, everything had worked for years. Worst part...neither xfinity or Google have any idea why it's not working because it really should be. 😡Wanna watch TV lol
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Figured it out, finally!
0 Likes
userg5Y050HTIv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello! sorry, what is the solution??

0 Likes
Solution
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Apparently it will only work if mobile data is disconnected
fizzman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much for this .. i have been struggling to chromecast for days on my S22, trying everything while being mocked from other familymembers with iphones that were working flawlessly ..

Just disabling the mobile data and all problems chromecasting to different devices disappeared 🙂

Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It might be because it is an s10e it might be a fault in something in one of the settings maybe try booting it into safe mode to see if it starts working?
0 Likes