JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Conflict between Which Samsung device plays over car speakers

(Topic created: 05-16-2023 06:21 AM)
MAChugg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why won't my Galaxy S9+ cell phone play over my car speakers since I began wearing a Samsung Galaxy Watch5? I want to use my cell phone through the car speakers, not the smart watch, but the smart watch seems to government and take priority over the watch. The phone to car speakers worked perfectly before I bought the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It is true, the watch likes to be the main accessory.

My only suggestion is to put the watch in airplane mode or turn off Bluetooth on the watch when driving. I think you may be able to set up a Mode in Modes and Routines that will automatically turn turn the Bluetooth off on the watch when the Bluetooth connects to the car.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It is true, the watch likes to be the main accessory.

My only suggestion is to put the watch in airplane mode or turn off Bluetooth on the watch when driving. I think you may be able to set up a Mode in Modes and Routines that will automatically turn turn the Bluetooth off on the watch when the Bluetooth connects to the car.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Well, you can have it disconnect from your watch.Screenshot_20230516_071038_Modes and Routines.jpg
MAChugg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you, Dan! I will try your second suggestion. I had already tried turning off Bluetooth but the watch still knocks out the cell phone's connection to the car's speakers. I, also, spent 90 minutes on the phone with Samsung Tech Support to no avail. I did not have any difficulty broadcasting my cell phone audio onto my car speakers before I bought this Samsung smartwatch.😔

Thank you for your suggestion! I'll try it now!

Sincerely yours,

Marybeth

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the same issue with my Watch4 BT when on a Zoom call or online doctor appointment. I usually only wear the watch when walking or sleeping, not when driving.

I think that, since you can make a payment with the watch, they have beefed up the Bluetooth security so that your payment information cannot be hijacked, whether you use the Samsung Pay on the watch or not. Plus, hackers could get your info and track you in real time with the LTE version.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah, having Modes disconnect the watch when connected to the car, then reverse that when you turn the car off, should work for you. And you wouldn't have to remember to do any of it once you've set it up in Modes and Routines.
0 Likes