JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Contact names not showing up on incoming calls

(Topic created: 04-19-2019 02:04 PM)
userWb4WZNe8w5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a galaxy s8 plus. When I receive incoming calls from a contact in my phone book only their number displays. But when I go in my recent calls both their name and number is there. Like most people I don't know everyone's phone number so when people are calling me, I don't know who they are until after I miss it. I've already tried restarting my phone. No luck And I checked for a software update. It's up to date.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userqKdeO14uSz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

where do i find this??? i see apps not applications...att call protect not there 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Who is your service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userGNqcbtO1BR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! This

Fixed my problem instantly! 

(****Settings>app>AT&T phone project>force stop. ****)

My contacts and pictures are back like they were before!! THANK YOU🤗👏🏼👍🏼

MsSunshine1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much for your help!!!  I didn't know what happened. Thought I had a virus. then i thought well maybe i have to many unnecessary apps. I thought i needed to delete photos.. NONE of that worked. LOL! Then I saw your comment. I started looking for AT&T call protect and couldnt find it, but i looked further and found Call Protect, force stopped and it worked!

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Glad to hear that your issue was resolved. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Use this pathway.

Settings>Search for Call protect and ensure that you have "Show system apps" to view it in the list.

Hope this finds you well!

^SamsungZell

user2VamW4HUWw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Where is Applications???

0 Likes
userhJyi4o9Nss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

"Apps" is probably the same thing. Make sure when you go to Apps you click on the dots to open the menu and select "show system apps" if you do not see it in the list, as the other person noted. 

0 Likes
userhJyi4o9Nss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much for asking and thank you for the answer. This suddenly started happening on both of our Samsung S8 Active, and he may have an S8 or S9. It is so annoying. It seems like it just popped up on both phones at the same time all of the sudden, after we had them over a year. 

0 Likes
userDBsCR4Fbau
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have an Galaxy S8+ with Verizon, and since the last update, when I receive a call nothing comes up on the screen, just the phone receiver icon at the top of the screen.  I have to swipe down to see who is calling and click on the green icon to answer.  I have searched for call protect, the only thing that I can find is call filter, I have forced stopped it, doesn't help.  Any ideas?

0 Likes