Original topic:

Disappointed that Samsung messages is being dropped as the default messaging app

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Ryekia
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can't be the only one that is disappointed by samsung dropping their messaging app. I mean it was one of the great things. I could actually theme it and make it my own. Yea I wanted rcs, but I didn't want that to mean that they just stop the app. Now it's pretty much google and that's it. Google sucks. I got an android phone to make everything my own. But as things keep going I lose that capability. It was one of the best things samsung had over apple and google. I feel like the longer I keep using my phone the more and more it tries to be an iphone. I wanted to see all the customization, but with messages and the ads everywhere, it's just becoming hard to justify telling my family that it's not bad. I mean that was supposed to be what android is all about, customization. Now it's slowly being taken away. 

16 Replies
Ryekia
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I keep my phone updated all the time, but it won't let me send or recieve rcs. I just want to keep my theme. Haha
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't care about RCS. It's more important to me to be able to have a reliable way to contact and communicate with people while using a user-friendly app that can be set up to work the way I want it to. I briefly tried Google's messaging app and it just seems clunky and annoying to me. I will keep using Samsung's app for as long as it's available.
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't think I even found a rcs option or setting for Samsung messages which I prefer over Google messages hoping that we will be forced at some point to use Google if Samsung complete support end's for it
0 Likes
Jw-83
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You will still be able to download samsung messages from the galaxy store
0 Likes
Hello_Kitty
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The Samsung messages is being dropped only in the US
0 Likes
Members_SSYj4A5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's annoying that Google messages won't turn on my indicator light on my Galaxy. Samsung messages lights up the indicator when I have messages that are unread.

0 Likes
Shonen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I just would like Google to stop making pop-ups on my phone. I get it...Google, Samsung, Apple, etc., wants to know all our business. But I bought my phone. I own it. I should be able to control what happens on it. But I can't and that makes me want to get a cheap phone, that just makes calls. Why pay $1000 to be annoyed every day?
0 Likes