JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Emoji suggestion vs Emoji options

(Topic created: 12-08-2020 10:56 AM)
UniKornBlack
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the Samsung S20+ and previously the S9+ after a few updates I noticed that the emoji button was gone and the only option I had was to use suggested emojis as I type. I hate it. I would like to find out how I can add the options to pick a plethora of emoji's as needed, instead of trying to figure out key words to populate and emoji. I don't want to download an app to get what I need, as I like my stock Samsung Keyboard. Is there a way to add an Emoji button back to it? 

8 Replies
TDH1985
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Which keyboard layout are you using? If you use the Gboard, it will give you the option
UniKornBlack
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm using the Samsung keyboard thats installed on the phone.
0 Likes
TDH1985
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
if you go into settings, and find language and input the different options for input(keyboard layouts) should be available, or they'll allow you to download Gboard.
0 Likes
TDH1985
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hence my layout here

Screenshot_20201208-120608_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
UniKornBlack
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
whats GBoard. I don't have that
0 Likes
Solution
MissAmazing
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try going to the keyboard settings > Samsung keyboard > style and layout. Then turn on the keyboard toolbar.

clipboard_image_1607454475338_1607454475338.jpg

UniKornBlack
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
how are you even adding a photo? I don't have that option , nor do I have the option of style and layout.

edit: your 👏 amazing. I love you lol I got it and some crazy color keyboard too
MissAmazing
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Haha! Glad you were able to do it.

To add a picture in a comment, you just long press on the screen until the paste & clipboard option pops up. Then attach your screenshot