Original topic:

Feature Request: Notification priorities

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 01:58 PM)
greggjh1987
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ya know I've been using samnsung since 2012. And I must say they've been coming out with all sorts of new features and updates. One thing I think they should implement into OneUI is a notification priority setting. Basically organizing all status bar notifications in a specific order you can set in the settings. For example: you get a game notification and then a Facebook notification and then a text messages. You can set it up where the sms notification will always show front of the line no matter what order all notifications came in. Can be easily implemented in the settings menu by having a full list of all apps and you select the apps in what order you like. If this feature is already in One UI then I have not found it yet. But if not it should be. I have noticed that sometimes the sms notification does make its way to the front but not always. But if your awaiting that count down for the game your playing, you can set that specific game to show first in the status bar even if it was your 7th notification that came in.

9 Replies
dope_dude
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok heard you out fully so, good news, but I'm pretty sure you can already do this. Maybe not this though out but very close it's kinda like the opposite effect where instead of prioritizing the notification it shuts down other notification, so like in the notification window in the setting you can set how you'd like notification to show up for every app available so essentially you can customize how each app send a notification. Program it so some apps send just a pop up notification while other send the full lockscreen
0 Likes
greggjh1987
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That I am aware of infact I have set up most of my notifications with that specific setting but appreciate the suggestion aswell thank you.
0 Likes
dope_dude
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So this is what I'm referring too and it should be available for all apps just set them to your own preferences, I will say it will be tedious to set every single app but if it helped then my job is done herešŸ«”šŸ˜‡1707170820066.jpg
0 Likes
greggjh1987
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Glad to see you taking this into consideration and forwarding it to the development team. Thanks for reading this aswell. Nice know my thought and ideas can be heard
Richard Orbit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't think they got it. I think they believe they solved your problem.. Maybe because you courteously thanked them for their original suggestion, even while explaining that you're aware of that and it does not satisfy. They appear to have misunderstood the original feature request altogether.
0 Likes
greggjh1987
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes sir. That's how I have most of my messages set up. It is a nice feature but still does not quite fit in the theme of the suggestion I pointed out
0 Likes
WagyuA5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If this can be done in like OneUI 6.2, this would be amazing. I really loved the priority notification settings from Android 13, but I don't see them on OneUI anymore. And I liked how conversations were in their own space above the rest of the notifications. Where did that useful feature go? I need that back
Chainlocker
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is there any way to choose what app notifications go to the top of the list? I work long hours and I often have a lot of notifications built up by the end of the day, and I don't want to have to scroll through the entire list to find my online messages or game notifications. I just don't want to have to change the notification settings and be getting pop-ups as well- I want to be able to put the notifications that I want to see the most at the top.
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Under Settings > Notifications there is an option to sort notifications by either priority or time. Personally, I find both options too vague and I wish othere was a more specific way to prioritize notifications.

Some apps have notification categories that can help, but not all apps have settings that are this helpful.

The screenshots show notification categories for Samsung Messages (three left side screenshots). Samsung Email (right hand screenshot) has similar helpful notification categories that allow me to choose from specific senders. The notifications categories for Google Messages, on the other hand, are nearly useless.
1711099468679.jpg1711099468740.jpg1711099545442.jpg1711099639861.jpg
0 Likes