JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI Home keeps stopping

(Topic created: 6 hours ago)
userBAiT6163hL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The only way I can get it to stop crashing is by clearing the data, which loses me my layout, which I rely on. As soon as I restore the homescreen from backup, it does the crashing again. 

Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GalaxyKnight25
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've had the issue since 10am. Someone suggested uninstalling Weather Live, NOAA, or other weather apps that you have a widget for. That seemed to work for me so far šŸ¤ž

View solution in context

6 Replies
userMTh9dw2UBA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Following...
0 Likes
userIKF5NkRPgc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the same problem and did the same trouble shooting, with the same result
0 Likes
Solution
GalaxyKnight25
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've had the issue since 10am. Someone suggested uninstalling Weather Live, NOAA, or other weather apps that you have a widget for. That seemed to work for me so far šŸ¤ž
userBAiT6163hL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks so much! I wish I'd seen this before I deleted my data because restoration wasn't quite complete. Still, those pesky weather widgets were definitely suspicious!

Thanks again!

userIKF5NkRPgc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It was the noaa app for me as well
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community, and thank you for reaching out. We understand how frustrating it is to have the One UI Home to continue stopping.

Our engineers are looking into this matter. Currently, we have been advised the weather widgets are causing the behavior. The weather app(s) can be reinstalled, but do not install or add the weather widgets at this time.

If the recommendation provided by @GalaxyKnight25 does not correct the app from stopping, please submit an error report using the following steps to provide the data to Samsung: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/How-to-Submit-an-Error-Report/ba-p/3001692