JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S10 Plus Bluetooth Disconnecting

(Topic created: 03-12-2019 08:22 PM)
NickyNick2020
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Loving my S10 Plus, but the bluetooth keeps stopping while connected to my car. As soon as I awaken the phone it will connect back. Didn't have this issue with my Note 9 or any other phone so I know it has to be an issue with the device.

62 Replies
userbS9cbT7bL7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue. Disconnecting (and sometimes immediately reconnecting) with my car, ue boom (bluetooth indoor speaker), & Sony headphones. Ugh

userbS9cbT7bL7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here. Bluetooth disconnects continiously on my home speakers & car speakers. Never had this problem with my S7...only an issue since I got my S10e last week. I called Samsung Support and he said Samsung is unaware of any S10 bluetooth issues (clearly they don't monitor this forum).

Trippet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The phone is defaulted to sleep when not in use in order to save battery power.  Unfortunately that also disconnects Bluetooth.  It wasn't like that on previous phone versions, but for some reason Samsung thought this was the way to go.  If you go into settings, then search for optimize battery.  From there Optimize battery usage and select All.  Scroll down to the Phone and turn those off (I have 3).  After I did that my phone remained connected to my car's BT.

0 Likes
Solution
userovxZ7MikJ1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found this possible solution for Spotify music on another forum...

I have tried this now and sooo far the musics not paused while listening on my Aux headphones.

- Open Settings
- Search for "Optimise battery usage"

- Click on "Apps not optimised" and select "All"
- Search for Spotify and disable battery optimization 

- Done!

Worth a try!

NickyNick2020
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked for me, thanks!

0 Likes
userWZlCDjGQrj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

None of my apps are optimised and still have constant and frequent Bluetooth disconnections on 2016 Jag

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give these steps a try for the devices that are experiencing these symptoms with your vehicles:

1. Turn off the ignition. 

2. Exit vehicle, close all the doors, DO NOT Disturb the vehicle for at least 4 minutes. 

3. While waiting for step #2 to complete, uninstall Android Auto app on the customer's phone. 

4. In the customer's phone, select Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced Settings [3 dots in the upper right-hand corner]> Phone ringtone sync> Toggle to OFF 

5. Enter the vehicle and turn the ignition on. 

6. "Forget" Android Auto capable devices from the Radio: 
     6.1 Select Home Screen 
     6.2 Select "Settings" 
     6.3 Ensure the "Systems" tab is selected in the upper left 
     6.4 Select "Phones" 
     6.5 Locate all Android Auto devices in the list 
     6.6 For each device, select Edit (Pencil symbol) on the far right of device/phone name 
     6.7 Tap "Forget Device" 
     Note: After completing step 6.7, pair the device and Bluetooth calling will be fully operational. 

7. Reinstall Android Auto. 

8. Connect phone by USB and approve Android Auto permissions.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Fuzzy John
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I first came across the Bluetooth disconnect issue in the 2017 Jaguar F-Pace with my old Galaxy S8 Plus. Since then I upgraded to the Galaxy S10 Plus, with the same issue. This shows it is not a software issue.

Even though I do not use Android Auto I followed those steps (except those related to Android Auto). Absolutely no change.

Yesterday I almost went insane when a phone call I was on got disconnected 6 times. This all while driving when my attention is supposed to be concentrated on the road not on handling the latest Samsung flagship when it disconnects. Very easy to end up in an accident. I finally had to pull into a parking lot to complete the important call the old fashioned way not via the car's hands free system.

Very annoying and I think I may lose my sanity before Samsung issues a patch to correct this problem.

Trippet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The below advice from Samsung won't resolve the issue.  I've been through Samsung, Verizon, UBringWeBreak, Samsung andone of them were able to help.  Jaguar did an update and that didn't work, either.

It's not the car, it's the phone.  It's defaulted to sleep the phone in order to save battery power and that disconnects Bluetooth.  It wasn't like that on previous phone versions, but for some reason Samsung thought this was the way to go.  If you go into settings, then search for optimize battery.  From there Optimize battery usage and select All.  Scroll down to the Phone and turn those off (I have 3).  After I did that my phone remained connected to my car's BT.

0 Likes
users1N4bMqlQJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The problem is when you upgrade the phone with the new software.

There is something in the upgrade that MUST have a bug of some sort.

I have a Jag 2018 XF and with my note 8 was working perfectly, until the new software udate came along and now is a nightmare.

Samsung MUST do something because if people start having accidents on the road Samsung can and wii get sued.