JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Encrypted SD data Corrupted After Phone Update

(Topic created: 08-31-2022 04:44 PM)
userLEQlkiGCvC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After the latest system update on my S20, none of the files are not readable on my encrypted SD card. It is odd since the File structure is still accessible (perhaps wasn't encrypted) but the actual files cannot be opened. Any insight into issue? Would rolling back the update (if even possible) allow me to recover the files? Actually, almost all are backed up but photos from a concert had not been backed up yet. In any event, this is an annoying inconvenience.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
chade617
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Also, Samsung rep told me the card was corrupted due to the 'symptoms' of seeing the file structure, but not being able to open the files. After running a test on my old S8, this just seems to be how the encrypted files appear when trying to open on a different device. It's really like the phone simply no longer recognizes it's own encryption. Samsung needs to get this fixed.
chade617
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Has anyone found a solution for this yet? Thanks!
0 Likes
mmm4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I wish I had something more useful to add than "me too", but, me too. After software update 16 Sept, the phone won't read original encrypted sd card files (ok, I've got backups, so I'll replace card). Now I can't get new card encrypted, it just says "Checking SD card" forever

chade617
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I suppose there goes my hope that the September update will fix the issue...
userHNAwZOfU8Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can you confirm if the update you installed was the August patch or the September patch? You can find that in settings>about phone>software information>Android security patch level

0 Likes
mmm4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have August 1, 2022 for this

0 Likes
ChessM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Adding to the ones having this issue - myself and another report here -

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/s20-aug-1-2022-security-update-encrypted-sd-ca...

userHNAwZOfU8Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Also had the same issue after the August security patch. I can't decrypt the files I encrypted on the same phone previously, and I can't encrypt other SD cards either.

userLEQlkiGCvC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For me, it is the August 1, 2022, Security Patch Level.

userHNAwZOfU8Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does anyone have the September security patch? Hopefully that will fix it. I'll report back when I get it.

0 Likes