JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Encrypted SD data Corrupted After Phone Update

(Topic created: 08-31-2022 04:44 PM)
userLEQlkiGCvC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After the latest system update on my S20, none of the files are not readable on my encrypted SD card. It is odd since the File structure is still accessible (perhaps wasn't encrypted) but the actual files cannot be opened. Any insight into issue? Would rolling back the update (if even possible) allow me to recover the files? Actually, almost all are backed up but photos from a concert had not been backed up yet. In any event, this is an annoying inconvenience.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
45 Replies
chade617
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Verizon, but it didn't do the automatic download despite that option being checked in the settings. I manually forced the 'check for update' and it came back as available this morning.
0 Likes
chade617
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Card successfully decrypted. Functionality appears to be fully restored. Hope others have the same success!
0 Likes
userLEQlkiGCvC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I pulled the October update and have encrypted the SD Card. All is back to where it should be. Just in time for international travel in three days.

ChessM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is great news!!  Now I wait for them to release the TMO firmware.  While I have an unlocked phone, they seem to know what service I'm using and wait for that cellular vendor to approve.

userHNAwZOfU8Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just got the October update on T-Mobile unlocked, which fixed everything - didn't even have to re-encrypt. Thanks, everyone!
ChessM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just received the TMO update, replaced the 'locked' card before doing the upgrade (saving it with hopes of fix).  Upgrade seemed to have taken longer than usual, but I can now access the card.  Yea!!  🙂

And I can unencrypt it too, which I'm doing to get old information/pictures off of it (loaded into my computer) and add to the new card I have been using the past 2 months.

Thanks to Samsung Support for getting this corrected!!