Original topic:

Galaxy a15 5G posing a problem with the call blocking

(Topic created: yesterday)
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The call blocking from my phone Galaxy a15 5G does not work and I don't understand that somebody out there please tell me what if I'm doing anything wrong and guide me in the right direction I am going nuts I'm going crazy I'm going to lose it I'm going insane. So please somebody help this otherwise sane man with his call blocking problems before sane gives way to Madness%f*c*me<^>#/BOING://@oh=NO.šŸ¤Ŗ
0 Likes
1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If your carrier has an app, you can block from the carrier side and those calls will never reach your phone. If calls are getting through (as they will in campaign season because of temp numbers), it's because they are not in Hiya's database and won't be until they are reported.
It also depends on what your settings are for spam blocking in the phone dialer. Your options are "block calls from unknown numbers", which will block any call without caller ID; "Block only high risk scam calls", which will block only those currently verified as spam/scam; and "Block all spam/scam calls - which will block all suspected scam calls (spam likely).
Check your settings and turn on what you need to and see if that helps. If calls are getting through, report and block the number. Once blocked the phone will reject the calls and you should not receive a notification, but it will show in your call list as rejected by phone.
Spam blocking is not on by default - you have to turn it on and set the parameters you want, otherwise ALL calls will come through.
0 Likes