JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s10 Navigation gestures keyboard bug

(Topic created: 03-15-2019 09:05 AM)
user4930mP9LqC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am using the navigation gestures instead of buttons. When the keyboard is on, there is an empty space below the keyboard, as if there were navigation buttons https://pasteboard.co/ac2d028f-0237-42a5-aed3-998d4a8d875f
13 Replies
user4930mP9LqC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Samsung_Stephanie 

It does help a little, however there is still empty space bellow 

https://pasteboard.co/I5yloTq.jpg 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Your second link for swiftkey is broken but I see what you mean. I think it's a limitation of the stock keyboard. With the newer models like the Note 9 and S10s they instituted software to make one-handed use easier. I think that's what is happening here is that because of the software, it makes this huge gap at the bottom. If it's fixed through a 3rd party keyboard I honestly recommend using one and I'll put in a feature request for the stock keyboard. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userP4ngH6G6Py
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
One reason for this may be that going from gestures to buttons, your typing position would change, and there is no chin on the bottom of the phone to comfortably hold the phone when typing if the keyboard drops low. This is exactly why Apple does not lower the keyboard on the iPhone X series of the phones either.
user4930mP9LqC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It seems like a possible idea, however, I don't have any inconvenience when reaching the bottom of the screen while using any other app. If this is still the case, it should be customizable, considering there is already a floating keyboard option..