JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What should the Backup account be?

(Topic created: 03-27-2019 07:16 AM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I was just looking at the Settings "Backup and restore" "Backup account". Should that by default be a google account, or a Samsung account? I'd sort of like it to be Samsung, but it is a gmail.com account. And I don't really see how to change it. Is there a way to change it? The only thing I see is to change it to another google account.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Mtiede The backup account usually is the default google account. You can only change it if you have multiple google accounts. If you do not want to backup, you can just uncheck Backup My Data

Samsung account also backs up seletcted data which you can define in Samsung account settings. 

If a response solves your query, please don't forget to mark it as "Accept as Solution". Enjoy!

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some ā™”

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Mtiede The backup account usually is the default google account. You can only change it if you have multiple google accounts. If you do not want to backup, you can just uncheck Backup My Data

Samsung account also backs up seletcted data which you can define in Samsung account settings. 

If a response solves your query, please don't forget to mark it as "Accept as Solution". Enjoy!

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some ā™”