JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Glue for the back of my phone

(Topic created: 09-11-2023 02:47 PM)
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My old S8+ phone's battery has expanded and separated the case back from the front. I need to get a new battery and glue it back together again. Any suggestions as to what type of glue I should use?
I upgraded to a z-fold but kept this as a backup as the trade-in value was negligible. And it's still a good phone!
10 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello Rayzer, A swollen battery can be concerning. It is recommended to not use the phone or try to charge the phone in the current condition. Additionally, we recommend not handling the battery or allowing it to come in contact with your person or property. We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. We would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

0 Likes