Original topic:

Gmail notification sound volume

(Topic created: 06-29-2024 09:07 AM)
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi. 
I realize this is not a Samsung thing, however I'm needing to find this on a Samsung S Galaxy phone. I have hunted for the separate volume for incoming Gmail notification sound for a very long time. I finally, FINALLY found it about a month or so ago, only something changed and the volume for that is too loud and I need to turn only Gmail incoming volume down, but I can't find it anymore! 

I have been looking for 2 days, again, for this thing and I thought I'd reach out to see if anyone can help me find it. 

It's different that the regular sound bar that controls the notification category for all notifications- the one I saw and looking for again controls just the Gmail. Do you know where I can find this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You have it backwards. Google owns Android, so It's Google that has control, not Samsung.

View solution in context

18 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can set that in Goodlock Sound Assistant individual app volume
1719678727219_1719678727214_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When I opened up sound assist Gmail was missing, unfortunately. But was a great suggestion. Anyway, the real fix was an overlooked one, one that "realaud" graciously pointed out, and there it was... my answer! How sweet it is. Best, Joel
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I got wicked excited by this until I saw that Gmail is mysteriously not included. SOB! Really. Great, great app, and I thank you for this excellent suggestion, unfortunately it's not for Gmail!

The bummer of this is, I know for a fact I saw the individual volume specifically for Gmail somewhere a short while ago, and I can't find it, and I don't know if Google just suddenly decided to remove it, like they've done with many other things before which would make my continued effort to find it in vain because it's just not there anymore. I just can't give up, it's just too bad I can't know if it's a pointless search.

Thank you very much for your help. It's funny, I had that app up for another thing I wanted to solve, only as it did it also caused something I didn't like. I don't remember what it was and I forgot about Sound Assistant. šŸ˜Š
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I actually believe I did find the volume toggle right in the "App Info" page in Settings... down at the bottom- only it's completely gone now.

I'm not 100% sure of it, but it's like when I found it, it was a moment of DAH! Like exactly where it should be and how come I didn't see it before. But I can't remember. 1719685313207.jpg1719685313239.jpg
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Or rather here... In the Gmail settings App Info, which is where it should be and thought it was. Under the subheading Notification Sound.. this looks different from maybe 2 months ago. I think they did eliminate it. Darn
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Forgot the screenshot 1719685541025.jpg
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I thought there was a slider for the volume on this page . I remember when I did see it I was glad it was there. I want an alert for my email, but the entire room doesn't have to know about it šŸ˜Š
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You probably saw it when you tapped on the sound. There is a volume slider on each app that has a notification sound.  You have to tap the sound (as if you were going to select a new one) and then there is a volume slider.  It's always been unclear to me whether that was to control the sound volume of just that app or all apps.  I did not want to try it because all my sounds are fairly delicate and even at the highest volume are somewhat muted - except for the ones I really have to hear (I picked louder, more obnoxious sounds for those).

For example, here's what I get when I tap the sound in my calendar notifications

Screenshot_20240629_175635_SecSoundPicker.jpg

Because it brings me to the sound selector, as I said, I am unsure whether that changes the volume for just that app or all of them.

JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
AHA, HERE 's the reason... I bet. Gmail was just updated 3 DAYS AGO! No wonder why my notification volume suddenly increased! And, that I can't control it. How frustrating is it to frequently have our freedoms taken away! I don't know about anyone else, but this REALLY UPSETS ME-V NOT ONLY THIS BUT SO MANNY OF US EXPERIENCE REPERCUSSIONS of too many changes that affect things THAT work and we like. Darn it!

Samsung, please use your power to not let Google take this much control PLEASE!
0 Likes