JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Home Screen S9+ no animation

(Topic created: 01-01-2019 06:59 AM)
user7hX2vnZi5P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I just changed from a S6 to an S9 plus. I can't figure out how to get animated wallpapers to work on my home screen. I can get them to work on the lock screen but they only show a still frame snapshot on the homescreen. I've tried animated themes from Samsung and play store live wallpapers but no animation.  Is this something the S9 does not do? I also found it crazy I had to download a third party app just to get my screen to rotate 180 degrees (I like my headphone jack at the top of my phone.) 

The phone seems to be lacking capabilities I had on my old phone so hoping there might be settings I am just missing. 

Any help is appreciated.

Oh and I did turn on the radio dial button on the default wallpaper that said motion effect but that only gave a picture a type of layered under glass look. it did nothing for live wsllpapers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I use live wallpapers on the home and lock screens on my S9 with no problem. If you're referring to using a captured video as a wallpaper, I think you might be correct that this only applies to the lock screen, with no video wallpaper on the home screen. I'm not sure about that, though. I do know that applying a live wallpaper is less intuitive on the S9 than on prior models. To get there from the wallpaper settings screen, tap View All under My Wallpapers, then tap the triple dot menu and select Live Wallpapers to view the ones you have installed (took me a while to find that).

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I use live wallpapers on the home and lock screens on my S9 with no problem. If you're referring to using a captured video as a wallpaper, I think you might be correct that this only applies to the lock screen, with no video wallpaper on the home screen. I'm not sure about that, though. I do know that applying a live wallpaper is less intuitive on the S9 than on prior models. To get there from the wallpaper settings screen, tap View All under My Wallpapers, then tap the triple dot menu and select Live Wallpapers to view the ones you have installed (took me a while to find that).

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
user7hX2vnZi5P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Okay that worked. I had to get a new one from the play store and it worked. Thanks so much.

0 Likes