JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I reassigned the Bixby Button but I want to shut it off completely

(Topic created: 10-11-2020 09:59 PM)
userfluko3xLfk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I reassigned the Bixby Button but I want to shut it off completely.  I ride a mountain bike and a motorcycle.  I put my phone in a claw which if my phone moves it activate Bixby.  Its getting irritating when listening to music.  Can the button be shut off.  I've been a long time Samsung Galaxy user and hate this button.  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userfluko3xLfk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok if you are reading this, I came up with a LOW TECH solution.  What was happening, the mount I am using for both my mountain bike and motorcycle for my S10plus, the braket is in the same exact postion as the Bixsby Button, so if it gets knocked and held down, Bixsby is activated, stopping my music (and my other issue, the XM app crashes because of this, which is another problem).  It was getting really annoying, especially since I do not use Bixsby at all.  My phone is in a case, the low tech solution to this, I cut off the inside part of the button on my case.  So when the bracket is pressed on the button, it is not pushing the phone button, activating Bixsby.

Thank you for those who responded.  

View solution in context

3 Replies
ElfStone
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No, unfortunately you can't on the 10 series, as far as I know.

0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I used to use an app called bx actions. I used that app to reassign buttons on my s8 Plus... I would assume that program will work on the S10 as well, but not sure. I think for about $3 or so you can get the premium version bxactions pro which is advisable. good luck.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/themes/app-bxactions-remap-bixby-button-single-t3903172
0 Likes
Solution
userfluko3xLfk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok if you are reading this, I came up with a LOW TECH solution.  What was happening, the mount I am using for both my mountain bike and motorcycle for my S10plus, the braket is in the same exact postion as the Bixsby Button, so if it gets knocked and held down, Bixsby is activated, stopping my music (and my other issue, the XM app crashes because of this, which is another problem).  It was getting really annoying, especially since I do not use Bixsby at all.  My phone is in a case, the low tech solution to this, I cut off the inside part of the button on my case.  So when the bracket is pressed on the button, it is not pushing the phone button, activating Bixsby.

Thank you for those who responded.