JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is there a maximum limit to device password on S8?

(Topic created: 07-16-2022 05:33 PM)
jodilynne
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

1) Is there a limit for device passcode (password with letters, not the passkey with numbers only) , I read there is a minimum of 6 but could not find maximum. I think the password I used was 20 characters but wasn't sure if that was even possible. For example could my password be Achievemyfrench2023!  (I don't want to waste a guess if that couldn't be it due to character limit).

0 Likes
4 Replies
darrian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Online it says android still has a password limit of 16
0 Likes
jodilynne
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks Darrian, my phone prompted me to change my device password, and I think the new password I used was 20 characters, and I didn't write it down or try to remember it because I didn't think it saved, it only asked me to type it once. However my old password doesn't work anymore. Do you know what could have happened or perhaps this version of samsung allows for more than 16. 

0 Likes
Solution
darrian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's not samsung that sets a password limit its android and android is ran by Google so Google sets the limit and it's apparently still 16
jodilynne
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you, I am at a loss as it appeared that it didn't save with the longer password, but my old one no longer works 😞  Maybe my password is shorter than 20, I will keep trying to remember it and will think of passwords that are less than 16.

0 Likes