JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is there a way to automate turning on wifi when I get home

(Topic created: 12-08-2019 02:41 AM)
userc35nSs3p5N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, it's Lonnie again. One thing I loved about my iPhone was the ability to come home and the device automatically turn wifi on when I got home. Can my new S10+ do this?

Thank you in advance,

Lonnie

9 Replies
userc35nSs3p5N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Maybe you can help me @Rydah ?

0 Likes
Daedalus346
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, by using Bixby Routines, you can set it up using the "If This, Then This" system and have a routine so when you are at home, WiFi will turn on.

Daedalus346
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Here is a Picture to help.

Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey Lonnie, I hope you are doing well today.

Yes, this is possible and very easy to set up actually. I believe my device learned my locations automatically and knew where I turn WiFi on but you can set this up now and skip the process of the phone learning it on it's own.

Head over to:

• Settings>Advanced features>Bixby Routines

• Select a premade routine or create a new one by pressing the "+" on the top right. If creating a new one, give it a name.

• Under the "If" section, press the "+" button.

• Select the "Home" option then press next.

• Under the "Then" section, press the "+" button.

• Select the Wifi option and select the "on" option. Press the done button.

• Press done.

That's it, once your in your home area, the device should turn WiFi on automatically.

I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userc35nSs3p5N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wow that's really detailed. Thank you. You guys are wonderful. Thank you @Rydah and @Daedalus346 . You guys have a good day too.

0 Likes
userF8lZPXwXmt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How about a routine for turning in the music app (or better still my YouTube Music app) which when leaving home? What would be the "if" for leaving my house? Thanks in advance. Willem 

0 Likes
Samsung_BbvXXRb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Bixby Routine for when I leave my apartment. I set it up a while ago but it shows If Leaving... and my address so leaving a location must be one of the available options.

0 Likes
userF8lZPXwXmt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks a bunch! Found it. First I had to go to location, then I could select leaving or arriving. Also, under the ‘then’ options I could select any apps that will open so I chose my YouTube music app.

Esso
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bixby routines is honestly one of the best features of this phone. I love Bixby. You can set it to learn your most used networks in settings too.

0 Likes