JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lost keyboard switch 🥺

(Topic created: 08-09-2024 05:56 PM)
rektexception
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is anybody else upset that the new navigation bar doesn't let you swap keyboards on the fly? No more password input, gif, emoji/kaomoji, or any kind of keyboard swap to add function like a keyboard database dedicated keyboard, or flair with Emojis or gif.
2 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You have to put the keyboard switch on the nav bar.  Go to settings/general management/keyboard list and default and enable keyboard button on navigation bar. If you want the microphone to show when  you are usig the Samsung keyboard, long press on the keyboard icon, if you want it to remain as the keyboard switcher, long press again after switching to the mic.

rektexception
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The funny thing is, I discovered that like an hour after writing. It was completely by accident. I started reading something from Samsung (on their site) about TTS in the FAQs. I wasn't looking for answers anymore, just looking at interesting bits of info about other miscellaneous featuresin 6.1. And there it was, in a post about how to find the text to speech microphone icon after the update. It mentioned the long press there.
0 Likes