JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No more Contact information on always on display

(Topic created: 02-16-2019 08:21 AM)
userSzSWF4KexO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

On my Samsung s9+ I used to have contact information on it.  So if I leave my phone somewhere it says `if found please call xxx-xxx-xxxx`.  Did this feature go away with the last OS upgrade?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give this a try: Go to Settings > Lock screen > contact information

*EDIT:  This information is no longer available after the update for the Always on Display. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

11 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give this a try: Go to Settings > Lock screen > contact information

*EDIT:  This information is no longer available after the update for the Always on Display. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user0ZHzstKipq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That only is where you can enter the Contact Information. The problem is that it will only be displayed on the Lock Screen now but no option to include it also on the Always On Display. Why was this option removed with the Pie / UI One update? Makes little logic to me. At the present time one's Contact Information can only be displayed on the Lock Screen. Hopefully the feature is brought back in a future update.
userQ4RDLJqgSi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I know I am very late to this conversation, but I just got a Note 9 and I'm hoping those with the power to change this will see my reply and understand that it is an absolutely necessary feature.  My contact info on my AOD tells anyone who picks up my phone that I am on blood thinners.  I NEED this info to be seen immediately if I have been in an accident, especially if there might be internal bleeding.  Learning this later when someone decides to look at my phone for ICE contacts could be too late.  The inability to show this info on the AOD makes this phone far, far inferior to my old S7.  

0 Likes
Cutaway
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Adam, your suggestion does not work. It looks like the AOD no longer displays the Contact Information. Is this a bug or an unfinished "removal" of existing feature?
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I agree that it seems like an odd move to remove this option, but I am curious about it. What is the advantage of having your contact information on the AOD rather than on the lock screen? I consider the AOD to be for my benefit, and I'd like to think anyone who found my phone would stumble upon the lock screen. I personally almost never see the lock screen because I use the fingerprint unlock to jump straight to home.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
userPNAcmR2l3d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

From my experience finding phones I tend to not even push any buttons out of respect to others privacy, instead dropping it off at the neerest lost and found. I can imagine many scenarios where seeing an email address on an always on display could get your phone back. It may also guilt someone who is considering keeping the phone by constantly seeing the contact info.

userMtYO14im4f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did anyone find out why Samsung removed this useful feature for the Always on Display?

userbLUaFoxBHW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The reason I'd like to have the contact info displayed on the "always on mode" screen is in case someone doesn't know how to get your phone out of the "always on mode" to the lockscreen (they do not know to double tap the home key). 

0 Likes
userggVs4CdELA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why would Android do away with this feature.  I had my email address in my contact details of my akways on display so if i lost my phone whoever found it could see me email to contact me. 

Today i updated to Android 9 and this basic feature had disappeared. WHY?? Now nobody can contact me.  What a ridiculous feature to remove.  Can you please return that feature. 

0 Likes