Original topic:

Number blocking?

(Topic created: 6 hours ago)
Th Master MaestroV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Blocking numbers sure doesn't seem to work it's still Rings through with pretty much everything. What am I doing wrong or am I?
1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Can't tell you what you are doing wrong  unless we know what your settings are.  There are a number of factors that go into the number blocking.  One is if the number is new and not yet in the Hiya database, you have to report and block.  Once you manually block a number, it won't ring through, it will be rejected by the phone. After the report, Hiya will block it.  This is true whether you have the most restrictive settings or looser settings. My personal settings are to only block high-risk scam calls and I elected NOT to block unknown numbers (my doctors' services call from numbers not in my contact list).  I get some "likely spam" ringing through, but not many (maybe scammers don't want to bother with me).  If you don't want the calls to get to your phone at all, you have to do your spam blocking from the carrier side.  If your carrier has an app, or controls in your account on their web page, you can block calls from unknown numbers and put on spam protection from there and any blocked calls will never even get to your phone.  There are some calls likely to get through, but that's mostly because they have not been identified and reported as spam.
0 Likes