Original topic:

One UI Home keeps crashing

(Topic created: yesterday)
GalaxyKnight25
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My S20+ was fine this morning. Since like 10am, One UI Home doesn't work. I've restarted my phone 3 times, and the issue still happens. I can move around in the settings app and notifications screen just fine. Trying to get back home or switch apps doesn't work. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what did you do to fix this? This is also rapidly draining my battery.
Chosen4sm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I uninstalled NOAA app as @Xerec suggested and that fixed it
Xerec
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Happening to mine and I had to go into setting and wipe cache and data to fix. The Clime NOAA app was causing it to crash constantly.
Chosen4sm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
OMG, I can't believe it. That was it. I uninstalled NOAA and apparently the issue went away. It must've been something with the new update that they applied. Maybe it's all that crazy weather that caused the app to crash.
PrismFinder
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I also uninstalled Clime NOAA after reading your post; that was the app causing all this grief! How did you know/figure that out? Would be helpful to know for next time. Thank-you!
0 Likes
Hunter0000
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine works fine if I use the OneUI launcher. If I try to use a third party launcher, the screen blinks repeatedly. Unfortunately, I might be stuck using the default launcher. I've always used either Apex or Nova, but neither will work now. Just causes the screen to blink like mad. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. Obviously, this seems to be a Samsung issue.

0 Likes
Hunter0000
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I spoke too soon. It's happening with my OneUI launcher as well now. Tried cleaning the Partial Cache, but no difference.

0 Likes
elkram
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My S20FE did the same thing at 10AM. It apparently is my weather app widget. I tried cleaning the cache on the One UI Home app... No change then cleared the data it fixed the issue. My screens have to be reset. My weather widget still doesn't work.
0 Likes
Hunter0000
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just curious. What weather app is causing it? I've been setting up my phone using androids launcher, OneUi. As soon as I added my weather app to the home screen, my phone went nuts again. I've uninstalled it, and so far my phone is fine, even using a third party launcher. I was using Weather Live.

elkram
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same. Weather Live
Hunter0000
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That, at least for us, was the problem. 

0 Likes