JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Option to set ringtones for specific people is not available in the menu

(Topic created: 05-01-2021 01:42 AM)
starsetmoonrise
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I want to set different ringtones for specific people but I can't access the menu to change it. I've watched over a dozen videos and read 30something articles and they all reference a view more button in the contact menu but I don't have that button. In the edit contact menu all I have is name phone # and email, at the bottom of my screen it just says cancel and save. Can anyone tell me how to solve this please? I am on a US galaxy s20 ultra.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
starsetmoonrise
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No as I said in the original post, I don't have the view more button.
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hmmm and your phone has most recent update?? Just weird that you and some others have that problem and others have the view more. If you go to a text from a contact and hit the 3 dots at the top do you have an option for notifications sound Screenshot_20210609-035945_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
starsetmoonrise
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've had this phone since launch week and no version of One UI has had the view more button for me. But I didn't know about the notification sound thing in the text app so thanks for showing me cause I do have that.
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Your welcome and that is so weird with the no view more button but you have the notification sound one
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ringtone isn't there but vibration pattern is.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No ringtone option. We must be on different updates. Screenshot_20210609-133010_Contacts_1_17041.jpg
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Allowing storage permission where the ringtone option should be does nothing
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hmmm thats weird, because you have the vibrate. Im gonna keep lookin and hopefully ill get it figured out for ya
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's my version I have. Not sure if clearin data and cache, and then doin force stop and maybe restartin your phone idk lol tryin to think of everythin. I would be goin crazy if i did have mine Screenshot_20210609-143857_Contacts.jpg
0 Likes