Original topic:

S10 Boot Loop

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
userpuqOPWtZHP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

woke up to my galaxy S10 in a boot loop. I thought I had auto-updates turned off but according to this reddit thread a ton of people are all having this problem right now. I was told by the samsung tech support to take it to a ibreakufix near me and i called them and they pretty much said the only way to fix it is factory reset. I dont want to lose all my data? I got it to the recovery screen and tried clearing cache and rebooting from there but it didnt work. I held every combo of Power button plus volume button plus bixby and nothing worked. Is my phone a brick?

16 Replies
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you brought it to a professional or explain the situation to a professional and they said the only way to fix it is a factory reset then you either have to factory reset it or yes your phone is a brick
0 Likes
userpuqOPWtZHP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I called the professionals, I havent driven out yet but this is a WIDE spread issue with S10s right now... Seems a little crappy bricking so many peoples phones like this just because theyre a little old?

yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
the phone is about 4 years old it's not supported anymore of course there's going to be major issues 4 years is good but it's not guaranteed because that was the S10 line so unfortunately there's really not many options out there to fix a 4 year old phone with this kind of issue because no one wants to do it because of the age of the phone it's not worth it it's not worth the time or the money to fix it people usually just upgrade when they have this issue yes it sucks but the phone is old
0 Likes
useriiUzW2MX4e
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I disagree that a phone is no longer supported after 4 years. Clearly there was an OTA update that bricked these phones. So they should have tested the update before pushing it to devices.
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can disagree all you want but it's a fact the phone is 4 years old it is no longer supported by the manufacturer it's time to upgrade it it's a fact odds are the update it wasn't an actual update it was a security thing cuz sometimes they do get security updates to older phones either way the phone is 4 years old it's time for an upgrade cuz if you give it to Samsung they're going to tell you the same thing factory reset it or upgrade to a new one it'll cost more to fix it then the phone is worth now you are better off either factory resetting it if you really want to keep the phone and have an unsecure risk or upgrade
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I totally disagree, I have friends who own Note 9s, Note 10s and S10s and they still work fine. I think those older models are still good. Samsung didn't do a good job because those phones have a lot of potential and they only gave us 3 years, not 4. Those repair centers that don't want to fix and old phones like you mentioned are the ones who don't deserve any money.
lilsniper5150
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing happened to my daughter's phone this morning. Woke up and her phone was stuck in boot loop. Strange because we have the same phone (Galaxy S10) but mine wasn't affected. Obviously I tried basic tings to fix it at first but I don't want to try to wipe it, especially if it's not a guarantee that will fix it. Anybody know if they are planning on fixing this?

Members_E29kxvR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here... my youngest daughter's S10E is stuck in reboot loop. My oldest daughter, same model (s10e), has a phone that works perfectly. 

Members_OfvPMKH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here. My wife's S10e went into a reboot loop last night. The only way we could shut it down was to let the battery die. Holding down the power and volume down keys would not work, whether we held them down for 7 seconds or through an entire boot loop.

This morning I found several older articles saying that the next step is to get to the recovery mode and wipe the cache partition. To get to the recovery mode you need to hold down the power, up volume, and Bixby keys until it boots past the Samsung and model screen and then release them. So I charged the phone long enough to power it back on and tried it. It didn't work. I had to let the battery die before I could try again. I tried it several times, holding the three keys down simultaneously for various amounts of time, including through an entire boot cycle, letting the battery die again before each attempt so I could start over. Again, no joy.

Then I found a more recent article that said you need to plug the phone into a USB cable attached to a PC first. So I tried it and I was finally able to get into the recovery mode. But once I got into the recovery mode, I couldn't get it to scroll down to "Wipe cache partition" or scroll to any other options. There was some sort of countdown at the bottom of the screen that I could not make out. So I let it count down and then it rebooted back into the infinite boot loop. By that time, it had almost fully recharged, so now I am waiting for it to go dead again.