Original topic:

S10 Boot Loop

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userpuqOPWtZHP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

woke up to my galaxy S10 in a boot loop. I thought I had auto-updates turned off but according to this reddit thread a ton of people are all having this problem right now. I was told by the samsung tech support to take it to a ibreakufix near me and i called them and they pretty much said the only way to fix it is factory reset. I dont want to lose all my data? I got it to the recovery screen and tried clearing cache and rebooting from there but it didnt work. I held every combo of Power button plus volume button plus bixby and nothing worked. Is my phone a brick?

60 Replies
lilsniper5150
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was kind of waiting for a fix myself but was thinking, what kind of fix would even exists? I heard this was caused due to an update and if the phone is on a boot loop, then they can't access it to implement an update. Unless there is a manual update that could be flashed, I'm betting there is not a fix.

So to answer your question, unless you have some sort of cloud back up, yes, the phone will be wiped like brand new. Everything will be lost. 

😭

0 Likes
Qst487
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung should be sued, this is not fair, it has affected the work and important information of many people

angelos_p
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately, I will also report this issue in my S10 5G. Since yesterday, it has been caught in the boot loop. Waiting for an official announcement of what we need to do...We cannot decide by ourselves on an issue that we did not create. Therefore, we need an official guidance!

jro68
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My A51 has same issue, bootlooping since a month.

0 Likes
kd8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I did the factory reset and wiped the cache. My phone is plugged into a USB-C with a laptop. It didn't work. Anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes
lilsniper5150
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately, the only fix I found was to do factory reset.

0 Likes
Members_Cx0d7hf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Has anyone tried the repair apps option on the recovery menu? I don't know anything about internal tech to go pushing buttons on my phone to try it. From what I have read online...

"The option allows you to start fresh, which can often fix crashing apps or ones that were slow to open. This allows you to mount your device system file to view them and make any necessary changes. The feature is helpful for advanced users. Only use this option if you know what you're doing, as it mounts the /system partition of your device."

I don't know what any of that means to do it myself. 

0 Likes
lilsniper5150
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, already tried this. It does not fix the problem. I did a factory reset and it worked but lost everything.

0 Likes
Minesh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same, here tried everything other than deleting data.
Found this in Samsung Korea community, Samsung has acknowledged the issue.

But nothing on US Samsung, not sure by when the fix will be made available in US.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/smartthings/%EA%B3%B5%EC%A7%80-%EB%82%98%EC%99%94%EB%84%A4%EC%9A...

0 Likes
Members_6hA9aI0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can also confirm my wife's S10+ is in a bootloop since day before yesterday. We have ATT and the phone restarts until the ATT logo where it skips and stutters with the chime and goes right back to the initial splash screen. I've tried all the methods of getting some function back to it in hopes of just saving her pictures before wiping it.... I'd be pleased if Samsung would chime in with a fix.