Original topic:

S10 Boot Loop

(Topic created: 7 hours ago)
userpuqOPWtZHP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

woke up to my galaxy S10 in a boot loop. I thought I had auto-updates turned off but according to this reddit thread a ton of people are all having this problem right now. I was told by the samsung tech support to take it to a ibreakufix near me and i called them and they pretty much said the only way to fix it is factory reset. I dont want to lose all my data? I got it to the recovery screen and tried clearing cache and rebooting from there but it didnt work. I held every combo of Power button plus volume button plus bixby and nothing worked. Is my phone a brick?

Members_E29kxvR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here... my youngest daughter's S10E is stuck in reboot loop. My oldest daughter, same model (s10e), has a phone that works perfectly. 

Members_OfvPMKH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here. My wife's S10e went into a reboot loop last night. The only way we could shut it down was to let the battery die. Holding down the power and volume down keys would not work, whether we held them down for 7 seconds or through an entire boot loop.

This morning I found several older articles saying that the next step is to get to the recovery mode and wipe the cache partition. To get to the recovery mode you need to hold down the power, up volume, and Bixby keys until it boots past the Samsung and model screen and then release them. So I charged the phone long enough to power it back on and tried it. It didn't work. I had to let the battery die before I could try again. I tried it several times, holding the three keys down simultaneously for various amounts of time, including through an entire boot cycle, letting the battery die again before each attempt so I could start over. Again, no joy.

Then I found a more recent article that said you need to plug the phone into a USB cable attached to a PC first. So I tried it and I was finally able to get into the recovery mode. But once I got into the recovery mode, I couldn't get it to scroll down to "Wipe cache partition" or scroll to any other options. There was some sort of countdown at the bottom of the screen that I could not make out. So I let it count down and then it rebooted back into the infinite boot loop. By that time, it had almost fully recharged, so now I am waiting for it to go dead again.

lilsniper5150
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

"Wipe cache partition" and "Fix Apps" did nothing for me. The last option I have is reset to factory settings which I have read worked for some people but I really don't want to do this.

Members_OfvPMKH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was finally able to get to the recovery screen without first unplugging the phone and waiting for the battery to die. You have to plug it into a PC (not a charger) using a USB-C cable. Then wait until the infinite reboot cycle starts over and hold down the power, volume up, and Bixby keys until the first Samsung screen goes away, then let go of the keys before the next screen. Timing is everything.

My wife's 10e is through Verizon. The infinite reboot cycle goes through the Samsung Galaxy 10e screen, Samsung screen, Hello screen, Verizon screen, and then it shuts down for a second before starting over. I have to hold down the power, volume up, and Bixby keys as soon as it goes black and then let go of all three keys when the next Samsung Galaxy 10e screen comes up.

Unfortunately, getting to the recovery screen still hasn't gotten me anywhere. I have tried deleting the cache and fixing apps. All that is left is to do a factory reset, but I don't want to try that yet until I can confirm that all of the data is backed up.

snstiggy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Add another user to the list. Infinite boot loop. I was able to get into the recovery mode and see that it was a security update that caused this. As per Samsung, the only fix is a factory reset. I don't think there is any other option as well. I wiped the cache and did a reboot several times from the recovery menu. 

useri5qQfUyYxO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can't believe Samsung would do this! My wife's phone did the same thing last nite and here I am trying to recover it because she has a lot of info she needs from the phone! Stupid! They should of warned us or something before just pushing this update\security patch whatever they want to to call it. It's such BS! I left apple for something similar! Now I'm thinking of leaving Samsung! How inconvenient this is! Phone gets so hot during the boot loop process. I was concerned that it was going to start a fire or something! Thanks Samsung for forcing us to upgrade and bricking the phone! 

AJMD99GT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue here. Verizon Wireless. Phone worked fine last night. I walk into the room to a superhot cell phone rebooting over and over. Power button did not work. It must have happened around 10pm eastern time on 10/1. I paid and downloaded the dr. fone thing. It can't recover. LIkely toast now. Thanks Samsung/Verizon. 

lilsniper5150
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My daughter told me the same thing. She said her phone was overheating and then it started to restart and stuck in a boot loop. Really annoying and inconvenient.

useri5qQfUyYxO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is just making me upset! If I were out traveling and this happened to me, OMG I would probably kill someone! I can't imagine being stuck somewhere ( because of a stupid update\or whatever caused this) and not being able to confirm or verify your information because of MFA\2-factor authentication sent to your current device. What do you do? God **bleep** it just thinking about it PISSES ME OFF! I hate you right now SAMSUNG! So my phone is old! I DONT CARE! It was working fine! You could've  given us some kind of info warning us before forcing the device to BRICK! @sswholes!

Members_osvRHsX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ugh. Add us to the list of victims. I hope they can get this fixed for us.