Original topic:

S20 FE locked out

(Topic created: 08-07-2024 06:02 PM)
Gabe72
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have thumbprint, facial rec, and passcode set up on my phone. I have to enter my passcode at least every 72 hours or biometrics won't work. My passcode was not working. I tried multiple times and it was no use. I googled for info on my phone and came up with nothing, short of factory resetting it. I called Samsung and was told that was all I could do, they couldn't help in any other way but to give me instructions on how to do the reset without the passcode. 

So, I knew for a fact I had not changed said passcode, but it would not work. So during the process of the reset process, you get into this "back-door" that's the Android recovery screen. One of the options was to reboot. I thought, why not try it. I mean what was there to lose if I was going to have to factory reset my phone anyway, right?

Guess what? It rebooted, came back up and asked for my passcode, I entered the one I feel like I have entered 100 times today, and it worked!

If you find yourself in this same situation, give it a shot. If you're going to have to factory reset your phone anyway, why not try it.

Volume down + power until screen goes black, then volume up + power until Samsung logo pops up, use volume up and down for list of options and power button for enter. I think the reboot was the top option, but I'm not 100% sure now.

My apologies if this is a repeat that someone else may have already added before me.
7 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The only thing you did was essentially restart the phone

"Reboot" just starts the device normally

Glad it worked, but you didn't really do anything aside from restarting the phone haha
0 Likes
Gabe72
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I understand, but without the passcode, you can't even do that unless you do as I described. I know it was a fairly simple fix, but it sure wasn't a certainty that it would work. I figured someone else might benefit from the info, albeit a simple fix.
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Seems simular to a soft reset nit sure if you that or just restarted the phone
0 Likes
Rushikesh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have been facing the same problem.

Did you lose data upon reboot? 

0 Likes
Gabe72
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No
0 Likes
rnabcd2024
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a same issue on my Samsung 20 FE. Is there any way to remote unlock? I haven't backuped my data and this seems such a stupid move from Samsung to just remove that option. 

0 Likes
Gabe72
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No there is not a way to remote reboot. Only on the android recovery screen
0 Likes