Original topic:

S9 Notification Bar no option to swipe to delete on some app notifications

(Topic created: 02-15-2021 10:09 AM)
user4ioe6UPcXy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi

I am having a problem within the pull down notification bar on my Samsung S9 , some app notifications from Fitbit and Samsung music player doesn't give me the option to delete when swiping across (left or right), my emails are ok and they delete when swiping.

the only way to remove the app notifications is to close open and close them manually.

I cant seem to find a setting that fixes my problem, I'm a new user to the S9 (previous phone S7) and had no problems.

any help would be appreciated.

many thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

@user4ioe6UPcXy,

Persistent notifications are used by some third party developers to keep the app running if they're assigned to the battery optomization list. Some music apps play as long as you keep them open on the the home screen but if you minimize them and open another app battery optimization shuts them down. The notification keeps them running if they're optimized. 

The same thing applies to most third party apps. By default they're added to the battery optomization list. Sometimes removing them from the battery optimization list will allow them to run without the notification. It's really up to the developers to notify us if they need to be removed from battery optimization and an option to not show the notifications when we're running their apps.

Best regards, 

CLF 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

@user4ioe6UPcXy,

Persistent notifications are used by some third party developers to keep the app running if they're assigned to the battery optomization list. Some music apps play as long as you keep them open on the the home screen but if you minimize them and open another app battery optimization shuts them down. The notification keeps them running if they're optimized. 

The same thing applies to most third party apps. By default they're added to the battery optomization list. Sometimes removing them from the battery optimization list will allow them to run without the notification. It's really up to the developers to notify us if they need to be removed from battery optimization and an option to not show the notifications when we're running their apps.

Best regards, 

CLF