JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SD Card Can't write

(Topic created: 01-12-2020 08:45 AM)
userK5eKeAKvzX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I have a "cant write to SD card" notification  permanent on my phone. This happened after the new 2 UI update, my 64G sd card works in other devices and was working fine before the update. Can we fix this in the next update please?

S10+

65 Replies
userKh8cP12Tt3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i upgraded my s10 to s20 ultra and guess what same issue with a 500GB high quality sd card, constant errors, also, suprisingly the camera is terrible to operate smoothly and i've seen pixelating and apps that never crashed on my s10 suddenly crashing alot on s20 ultra, i am returning it as i'm within the 14 day grace period ... don't waste your time with this, so disappointing....

usereo051oh5Xf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i havent even updated yet and i still have the message on my s10+ . Your still right tgat this is a samsung fix, ive used 5g from a 128. now all of a sudden no ones cards work. ?

user2TFc9ySHlo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yep, having the same issue.

@samsung978531 Ya need to fix this.

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user2TFc9ySHlo Have you made sure that your phone is up to date on its software?

0 Likes
user2TFc9ySHlo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes. And that's exactly when the SD card issue started. Please fix and let us know asap. 

Zintain
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have no issues with my SD card reading and writing and have had the UI 2.0 update since it was available about a month ago

0 Likes
Samsung_dKGWNVe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My sd card womt even read at all i cant access my music or pics and all the other data

0 Likes
userzbWZteK4Ea
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem with the U2 Android 10 update. SD card still readable in my old S8 but can no longer read in my S10. Definitely a software bug. 

RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

did you guys setup the SD card with encyprtion before you update it?

0 Likes
user7TMAfUN0hp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

S10+ working well then after update suddenly has a permanent repeat 'can't write to sd card'.  Have tried mounting etc still same. Phone reads the current content which has been backed up, will not delete to reformat. Always starts reformatting at 20%. Any suggestions please to rectify????