JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Suspicious Facebook Messenger Notification in Settings

(Topic created: 01-12-2022 11:24 AM)
usert4bhqHKZ4n
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not sure if this is more of a Samsung or a Facebook question, but I have the S10. When I go into my Settings > Apps > Messenger > Notifications, under the Notifications part of the page almost all the entries are normal (Show notifications, chats, calls, reminders etc etc), except one, which happens to be the name of a Facebook friend of mine. It's just their Facebook name, mixed alphabetically with all other Notifications options. Just like all other options, it also has an on/off toggle, but I don't know why it would be there and can't seem to find how to delete it.

The reason why I am suspicious is because (long story short) I have reasons to believe that this specific person is stalking me, and seeing their name randomly in my phone's settings only made me more concerned. Anyone else have a name under their Messenger notifications in the settings app, or know what it might be? How could I remove it?

0 Likes
8 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sounds like you've blocked them and Messanger is showing you that, no?
0 Likes
usert4bhqHKZ4n
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No that's not it, I haven't blocked them on Messenger but still, I don't know why the name would show up on my phone's Settings app

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you seriously think someone has hacked your phone and is tracking you, backup your photos and data, factory reset the phone, lock your phone, and never surrender it to anyone for any reason without a court order.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You probably have an open conversation with them on the messenger app
0 Likes
usert4bhqHKZ4n
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for the input. I don't think that's it though. I haven't messaged that person on Messenger for months, and have definitely logged out of the messenger app and restarted my phone since then

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try searching the archived chats, if not try clearing the cache and data on the app

You can log into your account with the link below to check if anyone is logged into your account. If you see suspicious activity, reset your password and it will log all devices out

https://account.samsung.com/membership/intro
usert4bhqHKZ4n
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you, clearing the data seemed to do it! It basically reset my whole app but the name is now gone from my Settings. Still not sure what that was, but at least it's gone now. Thanks!

Aggrorooster
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Lol my messenger from FB was so hacked, I could even return to it on a new phone, and also it would switch the email notifications and menus into what language it wanted from Dutch to French, downloading the app from Google app store the fb app hacked my phone details from passwords to emails and then locked me out, I reset reset and it was still there so, I have been getting hacked for 2 years using windows or andriod no matter what condoms I use as anti virus
0 Likes