Original topic:

Text from a iPhone created group?

(Topic created: Thursday)
sterling9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My family uses a text group with a name like "great family" and I do not get the texts on my android (they all have iPhones and Ihave a samsung galaxy). We've checked to be sure my number is included and correct. Yep. Is this a known issue?
9 Replies
El4246
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is a known issue, it has happened to me because all my friends have iPhones, we have a group chat called "The Weirdos" and I don't get text messages from it at all so it kinda is a known issue.
0 Likes
sterling9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you.
El4246
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Of course!
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@sterling9 My wife and her friends had issues like this because some use iPhones and some use Samsung (or other Androids). There was no rhyme or reason for issues. Some iPhones couldn't receive messages, some Samsungs couldn't receive messages. It is caused by the proprietary iMessages used by Apple.

My wife's group moved to WhatsApp and have no issues. 

0 Likes
Kai_조화
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's a problem with Apple's iMessage thing i think 😅
I can send and receive texts between my Galaxy S24U and iPhone without any problems
Even in a group chat all my numbers could work
AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is an ish*t issue. We have a government employee who is working with us but can't communicate because she has apple device. So, we had to resort to email instead of text.
0 Likes
rpappu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
During my decade of experience with Apple products, I have observed a difference in the messaging capabilities of iPhones when communicating with Android devices compared to other iPhones. While iPhone-to-iPhone communication can rely solely on a Wi-Fi connection, sending text messages from an iPhone to an Android device requires an active data plan. In contrast, Android devices have the advantage of not requiring a data connection to send text messages to any phone and can operate effectively with Wi-Fi alone, as long as an active phone plan is in place. My current carrier is Google Fi, and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. I transitioned from iOS to Android a year ago.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's because they are sending as iMessage when they added you. It would have to sent as a text in order for you to get them. When Apple finally releases RCS then you'll get the same features but the group still needs to be remade under how Apple is going to do RCS.
0 Likes
Tattoo58
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Apple and Android are just enemies, and we all have to pay the price for it.
0 Likes