JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trade-in requirements not met

(Topic created: 03-27-2019 07:39 AM)
userbsLW2pmnUN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Quite a few of us are receiving the "Trade-in requirements not met" email on our S10 pre-orders due to sending in a different phone than what was expected. In my case I sent in an S9+ and support said I sent in an S7. And you will be charged $550 in 7 days. Is there some procedure to follow so we can get this resolved. More people are receiving the email on Reddit. So it would be nice to have instructions for everyone before it blows up like every previous phone trade-ins in the past.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userbsLW2pmnUN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For other people in this situation, here is what worked for me.

1. Take many pictures of your phone especially the IMEI before sending it in.
  2. If you get the rejection email, call Samsung Support and open a support ticket.
  3. Reply to the support ticket with your photos of the IMEI
  4. Call back and make sure the pictures have been attached to your support ticket
  5. Call back and hopefully you get a representative who knows how to handle these cases and will fix it for you.

As I said, this is the same problem that has been plaguing Samsung trade-ins for years but some representatives seem more willing to investigate the case right away rather than wait 3-5 days.

View solution in context

14 Replies
userlf4VgwTPFX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Happened to me yesterday as well; I sent an S7 back but they said I sent in something completely different. I called and put in an escalation ticket and they said I'd have to wait 3-5 days but did admit this is a common scam which was both hilarious and infuriating....

d35p3rad0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After being handed support to a third party, a lot of scam from Samsung USA. I decided that this will be my last purchase from Samsung. Very bad customer care, policy, and stupid help desk mans from India

KIWILUNS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I will not buy from samsung as well. Im done.
djt3701
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same happened to me with my s10+ trade-in for the S21 Ultra. THey said I did not factory reset it. I did it through the console (power off and boot into it) and ensured it was wiped and reset. They are returning the device, but that destroys the whole reason for purchasing through them.

I called support, but they were of no help at all. Never again!

userbsLW2pmnUN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So true, every recent phone trade-in program has had the same issues.  It is not even remotely something new to Samsung support yet every time, it is treated like it has never happened.  I am just guessing Samsung does not blacklist or try to track the missing IMEI numbers otherwise this problem would go away.

0 Likes
Horizon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Luckily my trade in was accepted, just got an email today

0 Likes
userawAVgoK702
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I must be one of the lucky ones because I have had absolutely no issues with the trade in program. They emailed me this morning informing me that my trade in was successful.

0 Likes
sivartk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So basically you are saying that this is like any "mail in rebate" program where the people processing the rebate (in this case a phone) are required to reject a certain percentage, hope people don't fight it and in the end make more money.

Bonnerbones68
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The sent in the 7 for the 9S+ mint condition and they said I had a cracked camera I tried to fight it got no where and the money come out of my aact

0 Likes