JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Turn off Read receipts for one contact

(Topic created: 03-26-2024 12:53 AM)
Dee505
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

But chance does anybody know how to turn off the read receipts for one person in your contacts list on a Samsung galaxy S10 plus 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi Dee505, Welcome to the Community. We understand wanting to turn off read receipts for one of the contacts.

Open the Samsung Messages app. Then open the text message of the contact you want to turn off the setting for. When you open the message, tap the three horizontal dots in the top corner. You will see an option that says "Send read confirmation". Tap that, and it will change to "Don't send read confirmation".

If these steps do not help, you will need to reach out to your service provider for assistance, as they are responsible for this feature.

View solution in context

4 Replies
AdeptMaven
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Which messaging app are you using? Google messages? Samsung messages?
0 Likes
Dee505
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung
0 Likes
ImPandaMonium
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Although I can't say specifically on your phone, since I have an s21; after the most recent update, I have no more read, delivered or typing notification on any of my messages since the patch. And the way that I previously turn the setting on is no longer there.
But look in advanced settings while you have Joe blow open and see if you can turn it off for Joe blow.. that should be easy enough to do. But then back out of Joe blow and click into Mary Snow and see if she is also disabled or if her settings remained on. I've got my fingers crossed for you. Good luck
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi Dee505, Welcome to the Community. We understand wanting to turn off read receipts for one of the contacts.

Open the Samsung Messages app. Then open the text message of the contact you want to turn off the setting for. When you open the message, tap the three horizontal dots in the top corner. You will see an option that says "Send read confirmation". Tap that, and it will change to "Don't send read confirmation".

If these steps do not help, you will need to reach out to your service provider for assistance, as they are responsible for this feature.