Original topic:

Visual Voicemail ("Something went wrong..." Possible Solution)

(Topic created: 05-17-2024 12:29 PM)
Rudy Oh Rudy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If someone leaves a voicemail and you receive a Visual Voicemail notification, "Something went wrong..." and the message does not show up on your VVM list, here is a potential solution.

If you are running a VPN on your phone, it is possible that the VPN is blocking the message from reaching your VVM list.

Go to Settings on your VPN app and choose "Split Tunneling" (Select Apps do not use VPN) and select your VM app.

It worked for me after exhausting every insane solution proposed in multiple forums.  It just never occurred to me (nor any of the many CSA's I spoke with) that the VPN was the problem.  I hope this helps.

5 Replies
Foldr5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I had this, disabled the app, now can't find it to enable.. what's going on?? Fold5
0 Likes
Rudy Oh Rudy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not sure what you mean here.  Did you disable the VM app on your phone altogether, or did you "disable" it on the VPN?  On your phone, go to "Settings", select "Apps".  You should find VM on your apps list. 

If you mean that you "disabled" VM on your VPN and can't find the VM app in the VPN Split Tunneling, you need go to VPM Split Tunneling and toggle to the list of apps not allowed to use the VPN. 

I hope that makes sense.  Different VPN's are likely to have different looking menus,  I use ExpressVPN and the process was pretty intuitive.

0 Likes
Foldr5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just the app
0 Likes
Rudy Oh Rudy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I didn't mean to imply that I am the last word on this issue. I can only go by my own experience.

If callers are unable to leave vm's, or you are not getting them, try this:

Different VM apps have different names, and may not appear under "V" in the alphabetical list of "Apps" in your phone "Settings".  After going through your Apps list, if you still cannot find your VM, it is possible that you inadvertently uninstalled it.  If that is the case, you should contact your carrier to determine which VM app you need.  Then install it from the Play Store and follow the setup prompts.

Again, I hope this makes sense and you can get this resolved. I know how frustrating this can be.

0 Likes
RASHID007CA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I tried everything I could find in this thread and elsewhere most of which recommended for stopping the app clearing the cache clearing the data and then trying again. I also called my carrier to have them reset it and that didn't work either. The force stopping the app and clearing the cache and clearing the data only worked when I was not on Wi-Fi I disabled the Wi-Fi and tried those instructions on cellular and it finally worked. Hopefully that helps someone. 

0 Likes