Original topic:

What is hdmapp?

(Topic created: 09-09-2022 06:05 AM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just scanned my wife's S10 phone using Norton 360. It showed a few things that were different than my phone.  With both have the S10 and she isn't likely to install anything.  So I was surprised to find a few things the scan on my phone didn't find.  One was HdmApp (originally, I had a typo here and put N instead of H, but have since corrected it).  I haven't heard of HdmApp and I couldn't find it in the list of apps (including hidden apps).  Nor could I find it in My Files.

Anyone know what it is and where it is on the phone?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Great, except I don't see where to enable that.  That option is right there in the Apps page?  Sorry for not being able to figure that out, but I haven't tried to do that sort of thing before with "hidden system apps".  I found 2 places to show hidden stuff.  One in finder settings, and the other in My File settings.  Neither one of those seems to have let me see hidden ones in the Apps page.

One more clue?   🙂

0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Open Settings app

Tap Apps

Tap 3line menu icon at far right of "your apps"

Enable Show System Apps
Tap OK

... now find the app
.Screenshot_20220909-121740_Settings_23557_1662743898.jpg
0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wow, I looked at that page about 5 times and didn't see that.  Maybe because I run in Dark Mode most of the time.  I kept trying the 3 dots at the top right.

Thanks.

I wonder why I could see Norton scanning it on here machine and not mine.  Maybe it just went by fast on my phone and hers was doing something else while it had that displayed.

0 Likes