JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wi-fi Calling on Exynos variants vulnerability?

(Topic created: 03-21-2023 10:59 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just read on one of our local news sites that hackers can hack into your phone if you have WiFi Calling on? Anyone else here this, or can confirm or deny. Apparently Google has requested it's users to do this. 🤷🏻‍:male_sign:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, We understand the concern of vulnerabilities. Samsung takes the safety of our customers very seriously. After determining 6 vulnerabilities may potentially impact select Galaxy devices, of which none were 'severe', Samsung released security patches for 5 of these in March. Another security patch will be released in April to address the remaining vulnerability.

As always, we recommend that all users keep their devices updated with the latest software to ensure the highest level of protection possible

View solution in context

9 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Read about it a few days ago and some of devices might be affected. I have s23 and pixel 7 which may not be affected as Google released March update for pixel 7. I also own Pixel 6a, so this device might still vulnerable although Google the other day supposedly release update for pixel 6 devices too.

0 Likes
Sapman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I was informed of this vulnerability by a trusted techie friend so I turned it off on my phone. I am now waiting for a security fix from Samsung.
JohnTechTips
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Turn off wifi calling.

All a hacker would need is the victim’s phone number, which can be used to compromise the phone without the user knowing anything is wrong.

The devices affected are:

- Samsung Galaxy phones, including those in the S22, M33, M13, M12, A71, A53, A33, A21, A13, A12 and A04 series

Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's not the snapdragon versions
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just read this on one of our local news sites, crazy.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, We understand the concern of vulnerabilities. Samsung takes the safety of our customers very seriously. After determining 6 vulnerabilities may potentially impact select Galaxy devices, of which none were 'severe', Samsung released security patches for 5 of these in March. Another security patch will be released in April to address the remaining vulnerability.

As always, we recommend that all users keep their devices updated with the latest software to ensure the highest level of protection possible

ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I highly suggest everyone to read this article about WIFI Calling Vulnerability from Google's Project Zero 
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Will not let me post the link from what I understand it only affects the Exynos versions
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It is only exynos varents
0 Likes