Original topic:

problem with google photos!!!

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
Frida Chen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Up until this week, whenever I took pictures with my phone (S9) they appeared in my gallery and that's that.  Suddenly, a huge chunk of photos are now only appearing in google drive; I do not see them in Gallery.  I want them OFF of Google Photos and back in Gallery and only in Gallery.  Someone told me that, backup must be on in google photos.  I don't know how that suddenly happened but I have now turned it off.  However, when I download a photo from Google photos, it goes to an Album named Restored.  And if I try to then delete the photo from Google photos, it also deletes it from Gallery on my phone.

Please HELP!  I need my photos on my phone and deleted from Gallery.  It is crucial at this point since Google storage is full and I do not want them there.

0 Likes
1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Google sync is on by default from the time you first get your phone. You must physically turn it off if you don't want your photos backed up to it. When Google backup is used, your photos reside on your phone as well as in Google photos. Deleting photos from your phone through gallery or file manager will not delete them from Google (that's the purpose of backup). However, deleting the photos from Google will delete them from your phone as well, so if you've been deleting them from Google photos, that's why they are no longer in your gallery-they no longer reside on your phone. If you want your photos out of Google, first copy/download them to a computer or flash drive. Also copy any on your phone in the designated storage location. Once you have them secured, delete them from Google photos. Once you have cleared Google photos, you can then copy them from the external drive back into the DCIM folder through the file manager.
0 Likes