JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

s7 photographs turning into grey box with exclamation mark

(Topic created: 02-05-2021 07:49 AM)
Diverski
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@ my s7 takes pictures, I can view and share for 5 or 10 minutes, then those which have not been shared turn into a grey background with a white encircled exclamation box . In trying to upload then I get an unrecognized file format notification. Those which have been shared are not affected?????

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Diverski 

Is the camera configured to save them to the SD card? If so, try changing it to save to internal memory. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Diverski 

Is the camera configured to save them to the SD card? If so, try changing it to save to internal memory. 

Diverski
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That seems to have done the trick. It's easy when you know how. Is it because the SD card is too slow or is it more technical than that?

Thanks for your help it was getting very frustrating to have such a good camera available but not able to retain/retrieve the photographs I took.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Diverski 

"That seems to have done the trick. It's easy when you know how. Is it because the SD card is too slow or is it more technical than that?"

It is possible that the SD card has failed. That would explain why the photos aren't getting saved there successfully. 

0 Likes