cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Secure Folder - Locked Out - Can't Reset - HELP!!

Hi,

I've been using the Secure Folder for almost a year with no issues to save pictures, videos, separate e-mails, apps, search engine, notes, etc. Never a problem. I tried to access today and couldn't get in. I have had the same password the entire time which I don't use anywhere else and no one knows, so I honestly don't know what's going on. After a quick search it looked like I should be able to get in by hitting "Forgot Password" and then resetting my Samsung Password. I did this, reset my Samsung Password and it appeared like the items you would expect got a fresh start; like Samsung Pass, etc. when I go into Secure Folder it is asking me for my Password as if nothing has changed, thus not sure what to do from here.

Thank you for any assistance,

DryGuy

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Secure Folder

Resetting Samsung Account password has nothing to do with it. Glad that you have your Samsung Account password. Don't Panic. Just Do the following.

1. Open Secure Folder

It will ask you for password. Enter wrong password multiple times. Below it will show "Forgot Password" link.

2. Click on that link. You will be taken to Samsung Account login.

3. Enter your Samsung Account password. It will let you enter Secure Folder. You may need to change your password at this stage. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
Highlighted
Constellation

First off I appreciate you trying to help but what you are saying doesn't make sense. I quoted what you said below and highlighted and bolded. Maybe it was just your choice of verbage that was confusing?? I basically did what you said, as I laid out above, hit forgot Password and went in and changed Samsung Account Password and it seemed to update/refresh things like Samsung Pass, etc. but Secure Folder didn't budge, everything stayed the same and still couldn't access.

I know that no one could have obtained my Secure Folder password but someone could have obtained my Samsung Account Password. If I can't fix this is there a way to tell if the Secure Folder password was changed? Is there a record of this I can view? As it would have been recently (within a month to 6 weeks) and that would be very helpful even if I lost the data, that would suck but having that knowledge would be EXTREMELY helpful.

. @izephyr wrote:

Resetting Samsung Account password has nothing to do with it. Glad that you have your Samsung Account password. Don't Panic. Just Do the following.

1. Open Secure Folder

It will ask you for password. Enter wrong password multiple times. Below it will show "Forgot Password" link.

2. Click on that link. You will be taken to Samsung Account login.

3. Enter your Samsung Account password. It will let you enter Secure Folder. You may need to change your password at this stage. ]

Thanks for any help

Highlighted
Halo

I think you have misunderstood me. 

Read Carefully. First of all, your Secure Folder password and Samung Account password are NOT the same.

You can reset Samsung Account password 100s of times, but it will not impact Secure Folder in any way except you need your Samsung Account password to recover Secure Folder password.

20200925_154713.jpg

When accessing Secure Folder, you will be asked for Secure Folder Password (or pattern or whatever it is) .

Enter wrong password here. The "Forgot Password" link will be only shown after that. Follow the procedures. It should let you in. You need to sign-in to your Samsung Account for that. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some