JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pictures on my S20 ultra are blurry and have been blurry from the start

(Topic created on: 5/29/20 12:17 PM)
userWiVYhWdgil
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Pictures were way better on my Note 9. Idk if it's fixable with an update but there is a good chance i wont trust pictures at least on any future samsung device if this doesnt change. For the most part ive been happy with the phone but i cant have bad photos. Phone is on the latest update 5-29-20

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
The_Hambo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

it's because they're out of focus...

The Ultra's large sensor gives it a very very narrow field of focus, so shots tend to look blurry. Some are saying a new update is mitigating some of this, but only so much you can do when the problem is hardware.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
The_Hambo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

The Ultra's large sensor gives it a very very narrow field of focus, so shots tend to look blurry. Some are saying a new update is mitigating some of this, but only so much you can do when the problem is hardware.

View solution in context

userWiVYhWdgil
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Seems like i paid alot more for nothing then smh. I would of been happier with the older camera. What bothers me is how it happens more often then not but i do take more pictures up close

userAd3KJf1O8f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I use a tripod as I need to get detailed jewelry photos and the pictures, up close or farther away, are too blurry to use. I have had to take pics from a camera app and upload them to my device. These pictures are still a little blurry, but nothing like my phones camera. Is there any plans in the near future to fix this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it now? No, I don't need to update my phone... 

@The_Hambo wrote:

The_Hambo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

yeah, seemed cool but I wanted to see the reviews before I went out and spent that much on a phone. Examples always show close up subjects with most of them blurred out with natural bokeh. Don't know what got into Samsung's head for these phones.

usere7g1Zov68a
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
pictures seem to be blurry on Google news feed
0 Likes
MicShug123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I receive/send pictures and they are blurry. They look great in my gallery just not when I send them?
0 Likes
userii14b1ZR8p
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I don't think that has to do with it. I have to always open the camera app twice to get a clear shot
0 Likes
userii14b1ZR8p
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Vs my wife's phone is fine the first time around
0 Likes