Original topic:

S20 Ultra [Snapdragon] Change Firmware

(Topic created: 11-03-2020 05:12 PM)
userE6gujbQ5ef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi,
I wonder if anyone knows if I have the SM-G988N ver it's ok to download a different version that not the Korean version.
Let's say I have the SM-G988N can I download SM-G988U1 (Snapdragon firmware) firmware https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s20-ultra/firmware/#SM-G988U1 ?
Why?
I have the Korean version and it's in English but the apps in Korean and every app is a Korea Samsung link like the water and everything.

Thanks for the helps guys.

userE6gujbQ5ef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm not from the US my friend but yes everything works with my sim .. SMS, calls, LTE...
but we (the people that buy the Korean version) want to remove the Korean services .. 
I just want to change it to an international version or something that not a Core Korean like water is weather.com and not kr-weathernews.com
and more android apps to be fully English and note 60% English 40% Korean and Dude! thank you the best

Edit: It's not a clean android it's a core base Korean with English UI but a lot here still in Korean and register to Korea services like the inside URLs of the updates and weather and as the software source ... if you know what I mean...

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
if you have root then download Titanium Backup. I'd recommend buying the full version. After you have backed up everything then head back over to XDA DEV. from there start the process in your Titanium Backups File Explorer or FSfile explorer with Root access). While at XDA ask someone to do a Stock File Dump of the Apps you wish to replace. After you have collected the files(apks needed from the stock from dump) then go through and delete the files in the system that you do not want. After that just put the US stock apps back into the system/files .
userE6gujbQ5ef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

ok ill try it
thanks again my friend

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
no worries. it actually sounds like you're 3/4 the way there anyways. if you treat it like you were building your own custom rom from here on out then it's just about injecting it with your apks and tweaking it. Be sure whoever helps knows you have Root and give them a list of which apps you need and ask them if they can trace the file system for each. some of those apks have root systems that spread out so each will need to be placed in its correct place when you delete the Korean ones. gonna be doing alot of file transfer into system/bin system/system/user/bin and all that but it will be cool when you get it done. Good Luck to You
0 Likes
user5KCp6cBaK0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I get what you want. Because the Korean Version has a Snapdragon it's possible to Change it to U1 or maybe even U firmware. Only because they both use a Qualcomm processor. So the idea I was thinking was just downloading the official firmware and using the HOME CSC file and flash it through Odin. I haven't done it yet because I have to backup the phone. but I'm on the same plane as you. I was able to switch my CSC to KOO, rooting/unlocking bootloader. Just that I have the Korean issues also with URLs, Weather widget, etc. I may back up the phone and try to flash just the HOME CSC File from the official stock firmware. My goal is to get TMobile like service on my phone. I'll keep you updated if possible.
userE6gujbQ5ef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

i tried so many things i think this was big mistake to change from HTC to samsung i used HTC all my life easy to root easy to change roms ... samsung is so iphone .... 
please update if you found how to move this Korean ... 

0 Likes
Solution
user5KCp6cBaK0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Okay I got it. Got both everything active and CSC change without data wipe. It's very easy and you need two files. Take your sim card out and SD first. Then turn your phone off.

Once it's off, connect the phone to your computer and press the volume up and down button together to get into download mode. Load up Odin(Used the one I provided link below with all files needed also)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sf3x9VY-RdRYJrrh5tMCmkgxKcYie5R_/view?usp=drivesdk

Once you unpacked the files and Odin is loaded you will click on USERDATA and choose the vbmeta_disabled.tar and flash it once it's in. The phone will Restart. After Shut it back off again. Press the Volume Up and Down Keys to get back into Download mode.

Now go back into Odin and click on CSC. Choose the HOME CSC file that was provided in the link I gave you. Flash that and wait for the phone to restart. Unlock the phone and now place your sim card back in.

Wait a moment and the phone will ask your to restart it. Hit okay and let it restart. When it's back on again leave it there for a sec to load and find your network, it may do another random restart by itself but this is okay because it fully installed the rest of the HOME CSC at this point. Get Samsung Info from the Play store. And use it to see if your CSC codes match. I had TMB active and no more korean URLs, widget issues, etc. You may have to disable a few apps but the phone works like a U1.
userE6gujbQ5ef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

ill try now and update ..

sorry for the long time ...
dude !!!!!!!! thanks !!!!
do you know if we can install the new CSC with UI 3.0 ?

user5KCp6cBaK0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah I'm on Android 11. The HOME CSC does not wipe anything all it's doing is changing the internal settings to have more CSC options. Just make sure you follow everything in the exact order I gave you.

P.S I just got this phone a week ago. I had to make it work. So I've been at it for that time. I'm up and working now with T-Mobile fully active on mine. That's why you have to make sure you put the sim card in at the time I directed in the guide.

Let me know how it goes
userE6gujbQ5ef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

i use the CSC that you put in the file (TMB) its working but its say UI 2.5

and yes i took out the sim when i flash the CSC and it worked
wonder if we can flash every CSC or only the G988U
ill check it and will update ...

and again Thanks man !

0 Likes