Original topic:

S20 Ultra USB-C Headphones not Working

(Topic created: 03-06-2020 11:12 PM)
userwbNTEDDVt7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello,

I recently received my S20 Ultra and am loving it! Now though, the bundled usb-c headphones have stopped working.

Help pls

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usergqRk1EWuvq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I had the same problem. Samsumg has an App called "Samsung USB-C headset". I force stopped that application. Then the USB Headphones started working fine. So, it is just a buggy app issue. Restart the "Samsung USB-C headset". This will solve the issue.

View solution in context

19 Replies
NGRYNESON52
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

This can happen, since they have to wind it up into a coil, there is a very slim chance a connection is broken from constriction. Luckily though, bluetooth headphones come cheap in today's world so finding a replacement should be easy.

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello! Good day to you! Have you been able to try the headphones on another device to see if they give you the same symptoms?

0 Likes
kashi13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
i have and they dont but they do it on and off i have the same problem or it wont do it for a lil while and then do it agian
userBzYIJiL4XP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey dude I have the same problem it was working and then it just stopped took it to the Samsung store and they said that I need to hand in my phone so they can test it 🙃 it's funny because the earphones work on my s8 and my s10 and on my computer  

useriv6WSSUdjY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem here, I have called Samsung and they are going to replace the headphones. Not sure what that's worth if they replace junk for junk. I was really looking forward to music on my run tonight. I am charging up my old phone with a regular headphone jack so I don't have to wait for them. Not sure what to do for a permanent solution at this point. I blame apple for killing the analog audio jack but also Samsung for putting out junk earbuds. There are a ton of posts about this issue so I dont have much hope. I dont want to charge my earbuds thank you.

user50IVJP3Zyb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Have you check in your developer settings..... Scroll down to media and check that Disable USB Audio Routing isn't turned on. If so turn off and it should work. 
Samsung_MZFyQ2G
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you, this worked for me. I usually just use Bluetooth but had to use the headphones that came with the phone. Rarely used so it was weird they didn't work but your post helped me incredibly.

Thank you

0 Likes
Samsung_EgnoN35
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Tysm outta what everyone elts is saying this is the only that Made them work lol

0 Likes
userSqYkQ9Sp57
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hard to believe, but my headphones (accessories, AKG USB-C) don't work anymore either. I used the headphones once and now I can't use them anymore, because the headphones send the signal all the time to turn down the volume. Obviously a problem with the headphones.

How can it be that the headphones are broken? I am absolutely convinced that it is not due to my handling.

I received my last in-ear headphones with the purchase of my last iPhone. Hmm strange that these headphones have been with me for 3+ years and Samsung can't even manage to get the headphones included in the package to last a month. (As I said, I used Samsung's AKG only once!)

When you buy a smartphone that costs a small fortune and the manufacturers don't pay attention to small details, I quickly distance myself.

Honestly, I wanted to give Samsung another chance with the S20. I can't have it at all, if with such sums, no attention is paid to such small details.

I am convinced that this would not have happened to me with an iPhone.
Sure, the S20 itself can't be blamed for the mistake, which lies in the AKG headphones. Nevertheless, they are there when you buy them, so please check the garbage you sell with your phone.

I can't get rid of the feeling that with Samsung everything only looks "clean and sharp" at first glance. I never had this feeling with Apple's products. Period.

#BackToApple